Fish

Coss

I don't know but I've heard that there are such places in Bangkok, perhaps a more knowledgable member could enlighten us?

I did catch a few fish on the Chao Phraya once out of a long tail.

And there's a fishing pond as you describe over the bridge in Phnom Penh.

Cheers

Coss

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Phil and All,

Right you are, Phil. I'll add that post here as well. And thanks for the links. I'll check them out and report back my experiences here.

-----

Fishing? I hear there is a great lake in Bangkok (Bungsamran Lake) that has some awesome fishing potential, and easy to get to, inside Bangkok. If you like fishing maybe try it out? I'll post the url I found recently for this place for those that might want to try this as an added leisure time-filler and adventure. (BTW, you don't need to use this place to pay for fishing if you have your own gear already-I do-but use them to get directions and info, and go it your own if you want to save the money.)

Cent

Here's the link. Check it out: http://www.fishthailand.co.uk/index.php

i hope to visit Lazyphil soon and if he suggests going fishing overnight he is on his own.......

i'll stay in the pub,get pissed and sleep it off at his house......... :elephant:

but if he does manage to catch anything i'll look forward him to putting it on a barbie and cooking it.........i'll supply the beer....... :beer:

Fishing is great in the north, my Mrs goes with her sister at least twice a week and they always get fish, mainly gourami up to 2 kilos and cat fish. Most of the lakes around Chiang Rai are privately owned and only open on certain days for 10B per person but there are that many of them plus public lakes that there are always places available.Last month a nephew went with them and he took a spinning outfit that looked like something out of a kids Xmas stocking so he could throw into the deeper water and got these things that I think were Pacu. They were 1 to 1 1/2 kilo and had teeth like pirhana. All the fish are caught on bait but I reckon any thing with teeth will take a lure. Mrs uses a fixed line attatched to a bamboo pole and is always getting busted off by big fish. Haven't fished in years but thinking of giving it a go myself.

Archived