Fish

Coss

I brought over a decent rod and reel a few years back with a good plastic floatable tackle box filled with many different style lures, bobbers, weights, leaders, hooks, etc. I got out once in a while in the village at the lake down the street from the house. I just met a farang guy, nice Brit, who has a few fish ponds on his property here outside of Surin where he wants someone to catch the very large catfish he has there that keep eating all the new fry he puts in there to grow more. Says he wants someone to catch the big boys so he doesn't have to drain the whole damn pond just to catch these large fish that are eating the fry. I'll take him up on this offer and keep the big 'uns for family eating one day soon.

Cent

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Pacu and other toothed fish here are a good reason to have a long pair of needle-nosed pliers in your tackle box. Or a pestle of good hard wood taken from the old Somtam making mortar and pestle to club the damned things with before trying to get your hook out! Some of them could give you a good and nasty bite. I do have a steel tool that has a lever on the back end where you can control a toothed plier to extract the hook for catch and release of these biting fishes.

I would like to go after the Jungle Perch, they are said to put up a good fight, and there is one fish, forget the name of it, that looks and behaves much like a largemouth bass. I used to do a lot of bigmouth bass fishing in the states (smallmouth as well, and perch, pickerel, pike, catfish, and brook trout. Even Bluegills are fun to catch if they are large enough to put up a fight).

Those Snakehead's look like brutes, and I see they are supposed to be smart and strong. Would like to try out these places the url's show in Bangkok as well.

And yeah, a lot of the places here to fish around Surin are the pay fishing holes. Somehow doesn't feel right to me. I'd rather go to natural fishing holes rather than the dug out money making places. I'm there for the nature as much as the fishing really. Never have liked stocked ponds and lakes really.

Cent

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest lazyphil

DSCN28644.jpg

DSCN28672.jpg

Both caught today in the fenland badlands, the above alone (used timer on camera for the first time) without a landing net which I forgot and my mate over slept, the below he helped net later in the morning when he got out of his pit.....both fought like devils :cool: both returned to grow bigger to be caught later!.....baffled the mrs!

oh and jamie oliver eat dirt!

DSCN28730.jpg

ps, snappy dresser eh :grin:

Guest lazyphil

well when you make it here again i'll take you fishing with me and i'll sneak behind you when you're taking a leak and get a pike to lock onto your todger, i think pike have an anti blood clotting agent, no more bedtime playtime!!! beware i take slander very seriously :clown:

Archived