Surin Entertainment Soi

Isanguy

Ok I get it now, you were talking apples, I was talking tomatoes. No big deal. As for 64Kbht for 10 people, eating shark fin soup and the like, that adds up fast. Last time I saw Shark fin soup on a menu, it was arounf 1200 a bowl, propbably more now. I know some of the top model girls in the Thai oriented massage places get upwards of 4-5K a run. Maybe more...

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

shygye,

Yes, as I was saying in an earlier post, prices in the gogos and massage parlors are about the same everywhere in Thailand. It seems these places take their que from the Bangkok establishment prices. I don't know why this is so, but it seems to be fairly accurate from what I have seen and heard from others. A friend of mine here did tell me he got a ST from one of the local gogo dancers for 800 baht. It was all he had left in his pocket that night, and he said she seemed happy enough with it. No complaints. I was shocked myself when I went recently out with some friends (I hadn't been going out much up here for obvious reasons-plus not many farangs in Surin to hang out with and I hate flying solo in the bars) when I saw the barfine was 600 baht. Hell, that's the same price as BKK and Pattaya bars! (I was in Pattaya last week for a week and it seemed all the bars on Walking Street had the 600 baht bar fine.)

Also, I spoke with my Surin friend yesterday (he goes out a few times a week) and he said the massage parlor behind the Thong Tarin Hotel charges 1,000 baht for a massage, 1500 baht for an all inclusive. Two tiers of girls. The goldfishbowl girls ask 1500. The 'models' who sit on a couch go for 2,000 he said, and he said the few models were very pretty and sexy, but that the fishbowl ladies were also very nice. And yes, this is a soapy massage place. Also, there are 3 or 4 karaoke shops in this soi where there are ladies available to sing into your microphone, I've seen some very pretty lasses sitting in front of these karaoke places.

Another possibility is a large open air restaurant/beer bar-garden in front of the Speed3 Disco fronting the main soi that Thong Tarin Hotel is on is where it seems a lot of the working girls not fined for the night go to eat and drink once the bars close down. And, the girls do not seem to mind going with you after work and you not paying the bar fine. So those thrifty-minded cheap charlies can forego the bar fine, if they stay up late enough, and just have the lady meet them at this place. I'll see if I can get the name of this beer garden and post it here.

Cent

Bill,

"Thanks for the comments. Yes, there is some nightlife up here in Ubon. You have the standard soapys and karaoke bars."

I figured there would be some places up there for this. :)

"Like Surin there are not that many farang in Ubon so we tend to stick out a bit."

This is a problem in Surin as well, although there are now many farang here, compared to 5 years or so back. I can remember I could go for 2 weeks and see maybe 2 or 3 farang around town. Now I see dozens each day I roam around. Just heard last night that a farang guy from Chicago has opened a pizza shop across the street from the Farang Connection. Will check it out today and see if the pies are up to snuff. :) None have been so far. A Chinese guy opened a pizza shop up last year. It didn't do well and closed within a few months. Even the Thais thought his pizzas sucked. They did open a Pizza Connection here a few months back. It is pretty bad pizza. Hope this fellow Yank can make a good pizza. Being a Chi-townie he should know a good pie.

"Also for some reason we are very interesting to the local Thais."

Some reason? :) It's because they fucking LOVE to gossip! :mad: And they seem to love to talk about their local farangs. You wouldn't believe all the utter bullshit I have heard about some of the more prominent local farangs from the local gossip grapevine. We stand out and are of interest to the wags. It makes it hard to have a bit of privacy around here. And, it seems once a Thai sees you once he or she will never forget your face, and your activities will be on the bamboo telegraph in a heartbeat!

"A friend of mine gets news of my comings and goings from my landlady, not that he is interested."

Yep, same here. I know whenever my friends are in town, or have left, and where they went or came from, without even talking to them! :shocked:

"She asks his wife why she can't find a good woman for me instead of some of the women that come around me."

Hahahahahaha! She wants you fixed up and settled down with a 'good Thai girl' huh.

"Taking the short train trip to Surin relieved this problem."

Good on you. This sounds like a good solution.

"BTW there is a go go bar in Ubon. However, I would rate it below Wolverine in Udon Thani as the worst experience available."

I'll remember this if I am ever there for a night.

"1000 baht short time including bar fine. Attractive woman and good service."

Now this sounds like more like I would expect for pricing in these outer provinces nightlife venues.

"I will be back down very soon, maybe in the next couple of weeks."

Well, give us a yell here and maybe we can have a couple beers and a chat. Meet at Farang Connection for some grub, then out to the bars for some entertainment.

Cent

OH,

Heard last night that the Memorial Hotel fishbowl massage parlor is 800 baht for an hour. Was told there were 15 ladies present, but some going in and out of the place all the time, and that 5 were good looking enough that the punter there wanted any of those 5, 5 others were above average, and 5 he would not have taken. Difference here is the one hour charge, rather than 90 minutes.

Cent

All,

To add to the info here on Surin nightlife: I have found last week a nice 'Tawan Dang' place right near my home. It is a very large place (reminded me of the Coloseum Disco club on Suk I went to recently with wife and friends) situated behind the Thong Tarin Hotel. As a matter of fact if you stand in front of the Thong Tarin Hotel (facing the hotel) and look to your right you will see a small 'driveway' that leads right into this places rear parking lot. Great place! HUGE! Loads of tables, a big stage up front with great music (I was there last thursday night) and musicians, good foods available with many tables to choose from (you can sit as we did at a table for four on the second level right near the ladies hong nam (bathroom) and see a tremendous flow of Isaan cuteyhood parading by as they go to the bathroom, many giving the farang men the 'eye' as they pass by. Amazing amount of good looking pooying here! And not all protected by their boyfriends and husbands. We saw one young snotty farang guy there with his Isaan lady. You do not need to eat to sit there, but you do need to buy a bottle of something. We bought a small bottle of brandy (Regency) and some ice and soda water and spent a pleasant hour and a half there before moving on (if I remember right the total bill came to 355 baht-cheap enough for the fun we had). Friendly people/customers (and ladies), overworked staff-but pleasant and at least trying to serve you, and as I said, some great music and atmosphere. I'll try to get the actual name of the place to post here, but it is in Thai.

Cent

• 1 month later...

Archived