A new class of Luxury Living in Thailand

SoiCowboyTony

Anytime someone uses the word prestige or luxury in Thailand my eyes roll back because it's gonna be just a cheapo, undersized, run of the mill place with a bigger than usual price tag and I'll be the first to debunk it. But I have to say looking at this place that it looks real promising. Decent size units, greenery, train access, views, facilities, and amenities all seem up to par. So what's the pricing like (just a few ballpark numbers)?

You know it's going to be overpriced.....What i don't get is why? There is a glut of condos to buy now...they are not selling....but no one is lowering their prices! I am looking for somewhere new to move to near JJ market....anyone know of a good place around there???

Guest HonoluluJimmy

Fancy WEb site...sure glad I had a peak from my cable at home. I guess the question is: Gee Baht?

The penthouse looked good. What, about 50 million baht 1.25 Mill USD... where do the fuck do they think there are Honolulu or Manhattan?

Love to know thje prices....

Have you seen LeRaffine Jambunuda? B31 million for a condo -- guess it seemed like a good price since the condo is on soi 31? But you get your own lap pool...

Who the fuck buys something like that in Bangkok? I could have a nice house on an acre of land Thonglor for that!

Cheers,

SD

I reckon there must be quite a few very rich people in Bangkok now. This seems like alot of money if you aren't very rich. But if you have alot of money then it seems like nothing.Its all relative. From what I hear the le Raffine condos are really fantastic, private ;lifts, 10 metres pool on balcony, 2 floors, 5/6 bedrooms.

If I had a few million pound I would buy a penthouse in bangkok. I certainly could'nt think of anywhwere in the west you could get a place for that price. LOndon for Le Raffine you would pay £5 million plus I reckon in a similar location.

The way I see it is you not on the earth for that long and you can t take it with you so you may as well enjoy it while you are here. I think the le Raffine condo has sold out. Theres 2 under progress but I m not sure which one. I reckon there will be a property crash sooner or later. Then you couold pick a bargain up.

Have you seen LeRaffine Jambunuda? ...[snip]... Who buys something like that in Bangkok?

suadum, I have been watching the development of LeRaffine with some interest.

For those who want to live in Bangkok, and have the means, it is quite attractive.

For expat living, that's one of the best neighborhoods in Bangkok.

The idea of my own lap pool is tempting, too.

I swim 4-5 days a week.

That high price will keep the riff-raff out.

And Bangkok attracts a lot of farang riff-raff.

So, yes, I think someplace like LeRaffine has a lot to recommend it, albeit at a substantial price.

Archived