Is Jakarta worth a visit?

Belem

quote:

Originally posted by carlton68:

Hi Pattaya127,

As cheap as sex can be there I have some problems to distinguish between paid and free sex.

Carlton

Yeah, and from my first experience spending a week with a girl here, they are so good at maintaining the gf/bf illusion that I'm still left wondering... she was quite insistent that I fuck her in a certain way to get her off, unusual behaviour for a 'working girl', and acted insulted when I gave her, uhhh, 'taxi' money this morning. Of course she didn't give it back either wink.gif" border="0 Asked her what she was looking for - "a bule boyfriend and husbund". I guess sleeping around is one way to do that. I managed to meet 2 of her ex's - both in their late 20's - I'm 34. I left her because the sex wasn't all that great. Clicked outside the bedroom, but not too well inside. Of course I got thouroughly spoiled by my Thai ex-gf, and everthing else since has been somewhat of a disappointment frown.gif" border="0

Definitly a sizable 'semi-pro' scene here, and if I stay here long enough I'll definely be venturing into the non-pro scene, as it seems much more accessable here than in Thailand. Even just flirting with regular girls here can be very very fun.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pattaya,

I myself have travelled to very remote parts of South East Asia alone and always have had a good time. I often go off on diving missions or read a book on a deserted beach somewhere. I myself have a great list of handphone numbers of free sanuk but they are the last thing on my mind when I get off the plane. I often only call them up for a chat and never get around to catching up. Life is full of experiences and some of those you meet on the dark side have a heart of gold. Given my personal experience I think girls JKT and Pattaya are totally different. Try to lose a girl the you have been with in Indo for a month and it will be like cutting your wrist off.

I have friend who have actually paid a girl RP300,000 to stop coming over all the time and bothering him for sex. " Go figure that one"

If you find the LT freebie its more than likely you are going to pay in the long term anyway. Every been dragged shopping for clothes or gold or even a new Handphone.

Bottom line is nothing is free in Asia and

r/ships are up to the individual. I only post along the lines of what others want to hear. I believe this forum is called regional Sanuk but I am willing to post about North Sumateran tigers...

Regards

Gado

You should tell us about Sumatran tigers. I am afraid farangs have co-opted the term sanook and make it sound like it's only about sex or nightlife. But for thais, it has a different meaning, closer to: having fun or trying to have fun doing something, including work that would be drab but pleasurable or bearable with a sanook attitude. Definitely more about attitude that any specific object of entertainment.

[ September 20, 2001: Message edited by: pattaya127 ]

quote:

Originally posted by pattaya127:

BTW, not being too hung on the pay for sex scene does not mean you don't spend money. Or even less, if you happen to be a gentleman!

Ex: Jack Daniels is a lot more expensive than Mekhong, and a lot classier...

Pattaya,you're right,Indo gals are really heavy drinkers, usually cocktails,and drinks are quiet pricey in JKT (and restaurants equivalent at Paris prices).Very expensive to be a gentleman there (in JJ the Jack Daniel bottle is 3200 baths + coke jug 700 baths !!)

On one 'not so special night',about 8 beers (imported) for me = 1800 baths ,then a few Long Island Ice Tea to make both me and the girl out of space until 4 am = 300 baths x 6 = 1800 baths, little tips to staff in Tiga Pulu or JJ , brings only drinks to about 4000 baths !!

But of course we're classy and gentlemen,we won't complain (hum hum..).

Now let's back to work until next December trip...

Prosal

[ September 20, 2001: Message edited by: Prosal ]

[ September 20, 2001: Message edited by: Prosal ]

I will be in Indonesia in January for fun and lots of fun. I arrive Surabaya and depart Jakarta.

Do you think i should allow 2 days surabaya/5 days jakarta or 3 days surabaya/4 days jakarta.

I have booked 2 days at the Hyatt in Surabaya but now need to start thinking about booking some days at the Ambhara.

I will also do a one night stopover in Singapore on the way to Surabaya. Is it worth the extra expense and ultra expenseive barfines in expensive singapore or should i just transit in singapore and head straight to surabaya. wink.gif" border="0wink.gif" border="0

The mood in Jakarta has been growing more nervous in the past several days over possible retaliation if the US strikes Afganistan. Lots of visitors and several expats without deep roots here are considering leaving, and some already have. Yesterday extremeist muslim groups were going to hotels in Solo and Sarabaya asking about American guests. Rumors are it's happened in Jakarta though I've seen no news stories about it. Really want to stay and get to know this vibrant city better, but now may not be the time!

Hi everybody. I'm planning a trip to Jakarta and Yogykarta in the middle of October, getting in via Singapore. Never thought about getting into trouble because of Bin Laden and Bush. But how is the situation in the bigger cities of Indonesia right now? Me I'm european and been to lots of islamic countries (pakistan too) and too many of SE Asia. Have a contact in JKT (non sanuk scene), but she is muslim and I'm afraid she's not exactly honest when it comes to (maybe) danger. So to the expats living over there, what's up? Bye and take care, H.

Archived