Is Jakarta worth a visit?

Belem

I always go to Thailand every xmas but im going to go back to Thailand this May/June then at xmas go to The Philippines then in January visit Batam for the first time and go back to Jakarta. Can you fly fly from Batam to Jakarta and if so which airlines or is it just easier to go back to Singapore.?

It will be 2 years since I was last in Jakarta.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
asiahand said:

. Can you fly fly from Batam to Jakarta and if so which airlines or is it just easier to go back to Singapore.?

It will be 2 years since I was last in Jakarta.

Asiahand, to go back to Singapore when you'll be in Jakarta is cheap and easy, there's bargains on all companies, no need to book in advance (around 800 000 rps).

Firstly, my post was to Prosal.

Secondly, it depends where you live within Singapore and

Thirdly..... if you really want to know, it takes an hour to an hour and a half(including customs clearance) from the airport and costs 80 to 150 Malaysian Ringitt in a taxi, depending on your destination in Singapore.

Cheaper, and a liitle more time consuming, use the bus;

Causeway Link

Bus No AA1 Outside Senai

Airport Arrival Hall RM4.00

Operating hours:

8.45 am to 9.15 pm

Frequency:

1/2 hr after every

AirAsia flight arrival

Journey: appx 30 mins

Sykt Pengangkutan Maju

Bus No 207 Outside Senai

Airport Arrival Hall RM3.50 Frequency: every 20 mins

Journey: appx 45 mins

These buses take you to Larkin Bus Station in Johor Baharu(30 - 45 mins) for less than RM4. Another bus, SBS Bus No 170, for RM1.50 connects you to the MRT or the LRT in Singapore.

So, for less than one British pound and within a couple of hours of landing, you could be entering an MRT/LRT station in Singapore.

A viable option.

Batam to Jakarta flights are frequent with Lion Air and Jatayu offering flights around USD30.00 one way JKT SIN is about USD90.00 r/t but fewer flights at this rate and seats may be gone several days in advance. It costs about 30,000IDR to get from the center of town on Batam to the airport but you might have to bargain a great deal for that rate.

Election violence has been over reported if you ask me. The '99 elections went off without a hitch. There are 450,000 candidates so this election year is a big fish compared to the last one. Nonetheless to get a perspective on the potential for danger imagine large football matches and their attendant parades taking place all over the country over a period of months. So if you avoid the crowds the risk of being crushed in a stampede will be greatly reduced.

ADiKGEDE.

This is not about Java, but perhaps you know other parts of Indo too??! Anyone feel free to chime in. I'm Roundtrip to BKK with a sideline to Indo this Summer Holiday.

Rather than do it by air I was going to head to Penang from the 'kok then ferry my way to Medan. :applause: I'm very excited to visit this city[dirt, filth, and muck] because I have not been back since I was about 14 years-old. Excuse the nostalgia thread.

Is it interesting to work my way down to Jakarta by land transit with stops along the way :dunno: to Java/Jakarta. I remember the route when I was a boy being rather hellish. However, I am interested in the landscape, and odds and ends of the country proper.

I imagine the best return option to BKK must be a flight? Ferry or what have you is not going to be cost or time effective from Jakarta. I mostly see *cheap* flights available Jakarta to Singapore is Jakarta is BKK just always pricier?

Thanks,

the_numbers

Archived