Is Jakarta worth a visit?

Belem

Friend,

this is not Thailand, and even there prices vary.

The girls you meet in bars are actually freelancers. They are not employed by the bar.

Prices vary depending on the location, time, and of course the girls and what she thinks you are worth. Me thinks you'll have problems to get an all-nighter for less than 300.000 Rp. Others claim they aren't available for less than 100$ (and that's the short time price tag). Enough guys around who fork out that money.

You're good looking, young, not shy? No? Too bad.

And me thinks you haven't read the whole thread. Please do so.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Rick,

Ah, Not a Day Goes By, eh ?

Its a fair question, if a little *blunt*, but I doubt that you'd be happy making the trek to Jakarta (or anywhere) purely to get cheap pussy. Surprisingly, very little of this huge thread actually covers P4P, despite the fact that many posts are about various aspects of this huge city's nightlife.

Wow -great to see this thread is still going. Good to see everyone having some good old fun in Jakarta Town. Sounds like there are some good new bars. I'll have to check out next time I'm there.

Take Care

Gado

• 3 weeks later...

Flirting in Indonesian (a language guide for butterflies) ....

BTW, I will be in town 19 August/20 September for a one month grand offensive on the Jakarta's best bars and on those uncomparables Javanese beauties (with the usual side-trip to Bandung or Jogja) .... Le Meridien (and his infamous Tiga Puluh bar) will be my headquaters ....... anyone there at this period for a few Bintangs ?

:beer:

Heard on the news yesterday that El Quada was planning assinations on westerners in Indonesia.

Anybody have any more information on this story.

Im hoping to be in Batam for the first time in December and back in Jakarta in January.

El Quada, eh ? Whew, I thought it may have been Al Qaeda, and I was worried for a moment there.

Seriously, the threats against Western interests in Jakarta have been flying thick and fast since long before the Marriott bombing, and probably before Bali - the difference is that the authorities take them seriously now. By all means, be aware of the need to exercise caution, but we cant let these people completely rule our lives. If I had the price of a holiday, I'd be in Indonesia as soon as I could organise another trip, regardless of what some fanatics are telling an eager media. I make a point of avoiding bars which are full of Westerners in any case.

If anything, Athes looms as a more dangerous destination in the immediate future, despite the best efforts of the Greeks to tighten security.

Didn't hear about that ..... for those vacations, I made a hard choice between Jakarta, Sao Paulo and Cali (those three destinations being on the top of my list) and on a scale of "dangerousity", Jakarta is by far the lowest !!

Anyway a deep visit of Colombia is scheduled for this winter :: ....

Cheers

Archived