Is Jakarta worth a visit?

Belem

quote:

Originally posted by Prosal:

All in all, a very pathetic situation. Where have they all gone?

Xjames

As i am in JKT since three weeks now,i can't totally agree with you about situation here.

Some places are very busy,plenty of good lookers,and yes it's true,others are a little down,like block M joints,Tanamur (wich have always been,IMO,very poor in quality) and even JJ some weekdays (it was crowded last weekend,and good yesterday,i went home with a 9 partying with friends,all fully drunken,so good people could die for in BKK)

I could suggest you make a visit tonight at Tiga Puluh in Meridien,top of the moment,really very good (but pricey drinks,220 baths imported beer) and full of freelancers with many 8 and 9.

CJ is good too,specially on Sundays when Tiga Puluh is closed,always crowded and a very good band,but closed today,and JJ is anyway ALWAYS worth a visit,but never before 1.30 .

I agree about Tiara Cera,Oscar and Bats,wich is now home for rich unaventurous bussiness tourists and very average hookers.

Tonight,for a little change,i go north to Hai Lai,then of course Tiga Puluh,and maybe see you later in JJ (short hairs,glasses and Miller beer!!),leaving JKT on 10 Sept.

Cheers

Prosal

Hi Prosal, me again,

What and where are "JJ", "CJ", "Hai Lai"???

Big, bald, no beer, aging but good, more later.

Thanks

James

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

quote:

Originally posted by xjames:

Hi Prosal, me again,

What and where are "JJ", "CJ", "Hai Lai"???

Big, bald, no beer, aging but good, more later.

Thanks

James

Yes,today,Tuesday,i will be too in Tiga Puluh,Meridien hotel(met yestertay 2 good ones in JJ who will be there tonight),10pm is already good.

Anyway just say JJ to any taxi driver (next door to Tanamur),and if you like to go to CJ,it's located in Mulia hotel,Senayan.

Hai Lai is in Ancol,north JKT,mainly a chinese girls joint,not bad at all.

Cheers

Prosal

My hat is off to you Prosal, and I am extremely envious. Do you actually get a complete oil change at each of these service stations, or is it more a platonic inquiry? How can you manage? You will soon end up like the proverbial dust speck banging away under the bed into oblivion. I'll try and make it to the Meridien tonight, and witness this wonder.

Bestest.

James

quote:

Originally posted by Prosal:

Yes,today,Tuesday,i will be too in Tiga Puluh,Meridien hotel(met yestertay 2 good ones in JJ who will be there tonight),10pm is already good.

Anyway just say JJ to any taxi driver (next door to Tanamur),and if you like to go to CJ,it's located in Mulia hotel,Senayan.

Hai Lai is in Ancol,north JKT,mainly a chinese girls joint,not bad at all.

Cheers

Prosal

keeping an eye on you from afar, Buddy! Nous avons les moyens te fous vaire barler...

quote:

Originally posted by pattaya127:

keeping an eye on you from afar, Buddy! Nous avons les moyens te fous vaire barler...

Pattaya

This is precisely the kind of asinine post that concerns people who use open bulleting boards to share information for the benefit of all. More of this immature crap and the whole information age dries up.

Khun Sanuk, I trust you can do something about this childish contributor.

James

quote:

Pattaya

This is precisely the kind of asinine post that concerns people who use open bulleting boards to share information for the benefit of all. More of this immature crap and the whole information age dries up.

Khun Sanuk, I trust you can do something about this childish contributor.

James

Don't be such a righteous pompous ass. 2 lines person to person are not going to spoil anyone's day, I assumed. Read my other posts for your penitence.......

quote:

Originally posted by Belem:

Is is worth the extra expense of taking a sidetrip to Jakarta from Thailand for sanuk or am I better off going to Cambodia? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Didn't check out the complete threat but nobody in his right mind is going to Jakarta for Sanuk. Singaporeans visit a small island in between S'pore and Sumatra, can't remember the name. Just two hours by ferry. There's a hot spot in East Java, cannot remember that name either. And Kuta on Bali is a bit like Pathaya. In Jakarata you will mostly have to rely on freelancers around malls.

And it's a filthy and congested city. You don't go there unless you really have to. Even worse than Manila if that's possible. Get the idea out of your system as quickly as possible. You may want to visit Bandung 'coz it's pretty but not for "sanuk". As such, it's easier perhaps to get a regular GF in Indonesia compared to LOS but the same applies to Malaysia. Requires a different attitude though. And more time.

Take care.

quote:

Pattaya

This is precisely the kind of asinine post that ......... Khun Sanuk, I trust you can do something about this childish contributor.

James

Gee ... What's *your" problem ?

Archived