1st class trains

theshaw66

Bubi,

Sorry to hear you have nixed the plane. I kinda thought that would be a really good way for you to establish the level of comfort you expect in future travel upcountry.

The Thai Limo/train sounds good. I would not expect too much from the train. Note the hong nam is a hole in the floor directly onto the tracks.

Have fun. :beer:

TH

P.S. 2 yeas gone now and I still don't miss China at all! :wave:

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The trip from BKK to Samui by train is unpleasant because they wake you up in the middle of the night upon arriving in Surat Thani and than you're transferred over to Donsak to take a ferry, unless you're too early and you're in the middle of nowhere with nowhere to go to get some sleep.

No wonder you never contemplated to do this trip again.

• 2 months later...

I took a 1st class compartment, with my than sweetheart, from Ubon to Bkk. While on top, screwing, I saw lightning flashing in the dark Issan country side, thru the window, while rumbling along. Very erotic and romantic.

In second class, from Khon Khaen, with the curtains, my girl told me we could not have sex. Yet, within 30 minutes, she told me to sleep, with her, in her bunk and nature took its course.

Some memories are indelible. Almost 20 years ago but seems like yestereday.

Archived