XP question

zion

Hello,

Would anybody know what the following is and how to resolve whatever it is? Each time i log into XP, i immediately get a pop up error message saying "ElbyCDIO not running! ElbyCheck will stop!". I have no idea what this is. I am running on XP Home (legit version). Perhaps this is not an XP issue, maybe something i installed before, but it is the first and only pop up message i get as soon as i'm in XP. Can anyone shed light on this?

Thanks

I'd had seen that on the web before, but i'm not running the programs :(

However, there was a time i was exploring with dvd programs and i don't recall whether i had previously installed it/them or not. :(

How can i get rid of what causing this message? Perhaps, as carlton suggested, maybe install then deinstall? Other than the message itself, i'm not sure if it's affecting my system in any way.

Thank you

• 1 month later...
There must be an autostart entry 'ElbyCheck'. Disabling this entry should solve the problem.

click start - run - type msconfig - choose system start - look at the entries in the list.

A bit late but thanks, this did work. Cleaned up a whole bunch of other non-system "unknowns" too from the autostart!! Cheers,

Archived