Englishman killed, burnt over charcoal in national park

limbo

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Josh - Yes he was the one I voted (I was one of the judges first Nanaplaza writing comp) ahead of you!

I really liked him, posted to him a few times, and as I visit hua Hin regularly made plans to see him, never did as he seemed to have disapeared, now I know why :(

Very fucking sad as I really was quite taken with him, he was a really nice guy. I was stunned when I saw the Nation yesterday, I knew I knew the photo, big kind eyes, then when I read he'd won a writing comp it all clicked.

Just dam sad, one thing I noticed about him was he really had a very gentle manner, a very sweet really nice bloke, who had a gardening business as well. Just fucking sad, as his mum wrote to know your supposed friends are about to kill you is pretty scarey, I hope his son is well looked after.

DOG

I sat at the same table as him that night in the Taipan. We talked a bit and I ran into him again the next day in Gulliver's and we had a chat. Very nice fellow. Not sure if this is the right thing to say but there seemed to be something 'innocent' about him. He told me about his bar in Hua Hin but I never did get there.

Hi,

Yep, here's the story:

http://www.thai360.com/fbb/showtopic.php?tid/204651/post/204651/hl/Rainfall/#204651

Posted in May 2003. Entered by Johnny Was.

Sanuk!

Reading the story I was sure I had heard it somewhere before.

What's really sad, in addition to the way this guy was brutally murdered, is that so many components of this story have told before and will be told again.

This is very fucking depressing and very very sad.

In some ways I hope that this gets huge publicity so the whole issue does not just go away and the guilty walk....it was the falangs fault for being there kind of shit that comes out of the police - court sytem here sometimes.

Archived