Slow weekend?

asiafun

asiafun,

Don't think it's just you. I'm sorta getting the same feeling.

BUT, But, but.... as KS says the traffic flow is travelling well....and all is normal...

I put my situation down to ....my personal situation !!!

I've drifted into a "self centred cacoon". things that previously interested me....now don't.

Times change and so do needs and interests.

I still read the Board every day, but I think I'm posting less. There are probably only a few sub sections that hold interest to me these days.

I can't comment on Nana,Cowboy or Pattaya these days, 'cos I just don't go there....my choice.

Likewise the "Mechanical Cows"...be it Eden or Nana hold absolutely no interest (and really never did...lol..) Gee, even last visit I couldn't be bothered getting out of bed to go to Gully's for the Friday night meet. (first time in maybe my last 10 visits!!)

I guess I miss some of the "spirited" shit fights....even got involved in a few of my own, from time to time.

These days it seems to be a case of "Soap Box Warriors" who get off on the sound of their own strokes (keyboard or other!!) :grinyes:

I'm finding it all a bit of a :sleeping::sleeping::sleeping:

But that's just me....and this current phase I'm going through.

Overall I have nothing but praise for KS and this Board. I have met quite a few guys (and Gal....Hi TC) that I am now proud to call friends....real friends.

I'm sure that is only a matter of time till the wheel turns and livelier times are upon us again...

and reading Evel V8turbo6's latest offerings, it may be closer than we think.

....and again, after Wed nyt, when Dog OH & Co. venture into the domain of the locals.....anything is possible...

Cheers DS :beer:

Cav,

Christ, I forgot all about that! :shocked::D

I want a Fenway frank with the works and some Eyetalian sausage on a nice soft dago roll with grilled peppers and onions! And some steak tips, and, and , and... Fuck, I miss those holidays! And a couple pieces of REAL homemade lasagna.

Cent

Sounds good Cent, I think BBQ is one of the few things you Yanks can cook. Your Chilli isn't bad either but that's really Mexican I suppose.

Julian,

"Sounds good Cent, I think BBQ is one of the few things you Yanks can cook. Your Chilli isn't bad either but that's really Mexican I suppose."

Thanks for the half-ass compliment, I think. :D Hey, we Yanks have tons of good foods and meals/recipes we cook in the states, and yes, some of us pride ourselves on our BBQ skills (I am a grillmaster!). :cool: Being a mutli-ethnic country (the largest and most populous in the world I'd think) we have great cooks and food! Tons of good things to cook and eat there, and a food supply that many countries cannot come close to equaling, especially fresh produce and meats.

So many cities and neighborhoods have wonderful smaller Mom and Pop restaurants in the ethnic neighborhoods. Christ, in one small to medium sized American east coast or west coast city (especially east coast I feel) you can have dozens of choices of many ethnic places to chow down. You want Mexican? We got Mexican. You want Italian, well, we have many good to great Italian places, Greek? Polish? Chinese? Thai? Pan-asian? French? -nah, not so much-go to Quebec for that, Indian? Not a prob. Some areas have places to eat from nearly every central and south american country you can name, all in one city, hell, all on one street! All great food and fairly inexpensive. Indonesian? Got it. Russian? Got that too. German? Sure, we got Germans as well, many good places. Soul food! Excellent, we got it. Agentinian? Brazilian? Cuban? Got it. Irish? English? Swedish? Jamaican? Lao? Easy enough to find in many places around the US, and good.

The US has good/great restaurants/ethnic food places from around the world, IF you want it and like to eat ethnic. Especially in the ethnically diverse mid-size to large American cities where the immigrants first come to or migrate to after entering the states. A lot there do, although some are not that adventurous.

We aren't just Mickey D's, Burger King, KFC and Outback Steakhouse (Australia's version of McDonald's?) and such places, although there are tons of these 'chain' style restaurants the less adventurous and gastronomically timid like to eat at. Yeah, there are many places like that for those to choose from as well. But that isn't really anything more than highway fare, or just places to eat where you know exactly what to expect, exactly what you will pay, and the exact set-up and menu you will find in the places like that. It's simple and easy, clean and mediocre of taste, but the lazy, rushed, and unadventurous use these places all the time, but they do not represent what America truly has to offer, just like Mickey D's isn't really representative of American cuisine. It's just cheap burgers and fries and such.

And, since so many seem to despise McDonald's and its spread across the globe, let me ask this: if it is so bad, how come it is so popular around the globe? It isn't just Yanks eating at McDonald's in Paris, Rome, Bangkok, KL, Toronto, Mexico city, Phuket, Korat, and every other major city (and some not so major) around the planet you know! If they weren't selling the burgers and fries they would not be there. If they didn't make a profit they would not be building them everywhere. (And let's also look at the Thais obsession with KFC shall we! Most Yanks hate KFC chicken!) I doubt the Yank expat community is so large that they can bring a profit to these far flung gastronomic pleasure palaces of the US fast food industry. It's you non-Americans spreading this about, because many of your own citizens are just as lazy and/or unappreciative of good ethnic foods and home-cooked style foods of your own cultures. :smirk: :D And , no, it is not the American tourists that bring in the profits to these foreign land McDonald's either. Because, as has been said here for years, everyone knows we Yanks don't travel much outside the states, so it can't be us Yanks eating in these burger joints. :D

So, there! :neener::beer:

Cent

p.s. Looking for a good book to read Julian? I have quite a few stacked up in the bedroom. Want me to send a list of what I have available?

p.p.s. I hear the Aussies can do a fair BBQ as well. :)

p.p.p.s. And yeah, sometimes I do miss these holidays and the BBQ's and the holiday fare we chow down on at these picnics and parades and fairs! One can only eat so much rice and noodles. :o:D

...Tons of good things to cook and eat there, and a food supply that many countries cannot come close to equaling, especially fresh produce and meats....

True, so true. But I had to laugh last time in Oz when out to dinner with a hottie Thai divorcee friend of mine (just friend...I'd love it to be "with benefits," but it is not). She has lived there for many years. Ms Divorcee was preparing herself for a trip to the US and Europe (her first) and was worried that there were no fresh veggies in the US, only canned/tinned/frozen. When I finally caught my breath, I set her straight!

Cheers,

SD

Suadum,

I remember reading an article in the Boston Globe years back about some recent immigrants from Russia. They described their first trip to a local supermarket in the states where they had moved to. They were flabberghasted at the assortment of fresh goods available and the amount of food in just one local supermarket. I remember the quote of one of the Russian lasses. "It's like I have died and gone to heaven!"

We are sometimes called the breadbasket of the world. But a lot of the world only sees the American products that travel well, frozen, canned, etc. Or KFC and McDonald's, etc. Hardly representative of what the country has to offer for dining out and eating/cooking at home.

KFC is about as representative of Southern Fried chicken as Mickey D's is to a real hamburger. Not even fucking close, but cheap and quick, and some people even find it edible. :o:D :smirk:

They're just fast food franchises started in the 50's and 60's for the interstate traveler and cross-country truckers to get a quick and cheap meal while traveling. Why some seem to think these places foods represent American cooking and dining is baffling at times. It's merely travel food. Quick to get, cheap to buy, and hygenic enough so you don't get the shits after eating it--most times. :smirk: :) And they have been successful in spreading their/these franchises around the world. I love the wanks that say it is all food that is bad for you! :D Well, nimrod, you ain't supposed to eat it every fucking day. It's just a quickie meal when you are on the road, or too lazy to cook your own, and/or too broke to eat at a decent restaurant. Sad thing is, many in the states do eat this stuff on an almost daily basis now. :doah::yikes::topic::rip::shakehead

Must be the constant barrage of advertising from these places and the simple minds that are brainwashed by all the ads on TV's that they can't unglue their eyes from. There oughta be a law! :D

Cent

Archived