Thing you like to eat in Thailand all the time

Alfmaz

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes we have no bananas. Why is it so difficult to find bananas in Thailand? In Bangkok and Chiang Mai bananas seem to have a low priority in the marketplace. Perhaps this is because there is an abundance of other fruit available throughout the season. Was there was a blight in recent years? I was able to find good banana bread in Bangkok for 25 baht so this helped. It was about the size of a small brick and thankfully weighed considerably less.

I tried durian on my last trip.. It had an ok taste, but it also had an unpleasant taste that was of whatever makes the odour. I guess thats just one more weird flavour combination to experience in Thailand.. Like sweet cake with hotdog in the middle or sweet rice crackers that taste like garlic..

I only ate a small bit but kept burping up reminders for the rest of the afternoon..

Whenever I'me in the area, I head over to Nana Square for Tom Yum Goong. There's a guy there who makes it superb..

I like the fresh fruits sold on the street. I also eat the fried bugs, and whole fried baby crabs. Oddly, certain foods I almost never eat in the USA, I seem to scarf in LOS, like ice cream, (nana) burgers, and potato chips.

Last trip I ate Italian food 4 nights! (my favorite), 1 night at Pomadoro (mistake) and 3 nights at Bailico's on Soi 33. Missed my usual sunday Brunch at Bei Otto, and didn't make Ad Makers as I had hoped.

First time I went with the gang, and it was good. I had Mixed Salad, Pasta with Seafood. Both were great, the Apple pie dessert was a bit off, but just o.k. Went back a night or 2 later, had Salad and Pizza, also very good, Tonsil girl had the pasta with seafood, which was excellent. Went back Last Monday night, had Salad, and Linguini with a meat sauce, Tonsil girl had the Pasta and seafood Again.

Over all, I'd say it is worth it if you want Italian food in BKK. 1-2 of the nights I was up for Thai, but well, I lost out :( The place is a bit Pricy by BKK dinner standards, but is sort of a bargin for what you get, quality and quantity. Far cheaper than I would have paid for a comparable meal in SFO. Both times with Tonsil girl and I, the bill was just over 1000bht. We did not have wine or cocktails. Salads and entrees only.

She loved the place and proclaimed it her new favorite (replacing Pomadoro, which I hated) for "...Sa-pa-getti..."

Archived