Bush or Blair?

Tiger Moth

"...He did get elected and stayed elected and no one can be so stupid that they are led by the nose to the presidency and are simply pawns of a group of people and their ideology. Its thinking he's that stupid that one gives him the advantage. One tends not to take that person seriously..."

Steve,

If you are talking about Bush, I would disagree compleately. I think is that stupid, I think he was led to the presidency, I think he is control by his father, and others around him. I sure has hell do not believe he was "honestly elected" in either election. I will conceed that he and or his people did cheat better than the opposition.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bush has a certain element of wit, he is not stupid per se, more he is not an intellectual behemoth....he is marginally above average, however you can not have someone who is slightly above average making complex far reaching fundemental changes. In a conference elsewhere on a different medium i and others predicted the outcome of the Iraq war, thus far we have been shown to be 100% correct. I cannot supply evidence to prove this, you will just have to take my word for it, however i am no expert on Islam, middle eastern culture etc. I just applied commonsense and logic to the issue at hand.

Intelligence can be defined as the ability to conceptualise, integrate and utilise the acquired knowledge and produce something new. Juggling many variables, assessing each on their merits and deciding on a wise progressive action. Bush has not displayed any ability to do this. He will leave a mess to the following president(s) the like of which has never been seen before. This is a lot worse than Vietnam, this is global. He has seriously weakened the USA domestically and internationally on so many levels....which ever arena you care to look at, the USA is weaker.

The only people who have gained are a select few who are CEOs, or those in the oil and weapons (arms related) businessess, plus of course those who monitor the security situation. He has created a paranoid anxious country, not sure to swing to the right and seek isolation, or swing to the left and embrace the now highly rejected 'liberal' ideals, which so many have ridiculed.

The USAs uncertainty is worrying, the leadership is weak and flawed, nature abhors a vacuum, he has created a whooper. It is filled by irrationality. Where to go next? There are very little options left open to him...he has created a potential nightmare.

AND i dislike the rise in religious fervour, as it is not and should not be about religion. He is guilty of abusing faith and using it's irrationality to further his own agenda. One of the founding principles of the USA was about maintaining distance between religion and the state. He has intentionally mixed the 2. This only provokes other faiths.

The muslims seek their jihad, the destruction of all other faiths, the dominance of Islam, in the final battle...it is written in the Koran...Bush feeds this and i think maybe he desires it.

Blair, well he's just a puppet. He's argued himself into obscurity. He did what so many UK PMs have done and tried to do a deal with the US president. I really believe he thought he was smart(er). Did he learn nothing from previous PMs? He tried to juggle both the USA and Europe, playing the middle ground and has ended up failing on both fronts. His legacy is failure and embarassment. Brown who succeeds him will be a failure, then we will have a really stupid conservative govt. and everything will be very shit again. I dislike Blair et al. but i totally dispise the conservatives, nothing new and radical that was of benefit ever came from them.

Anyway i'll shut up now...i could write a lot more, but who really cares? I'm just venting and it changes nothing.

Although one could argue that the people who surround him are republicans, there are still enough non republican people, including the white house press and the press that followed him on his campaigns and you never hear a report of any one that has spent time around that he is stupid. I don't think he's brilliant in any form or fashion but not simply saying not as stupid as the Jay Leno jokes or the average person who doesn't like him claim he is. The 'he's stupid' stuff comes from those who've not spent time in his company. I kinda wish he was that stupid and wa controlled by a group of neocons as it would make the erosion of civil liberities, etc. more bearable, in some strange way.

"...He did get elected and stayed elected and no one can be so stupid that they are led by the nose to the presidency and are simply pawns of a group of people and their ideology. Its thinking he's that stupid that one gives him the advantage. One tends not to take that person seriously..."

Steve,

If you are talking about Bush, I would disagree compleately. I think is that stupid, I think he was led to the presidency, I think he is control by his father, and others around him. I sure has hell do not believe he was "honestly elected" in either election. I will conceed that he and or his people did cheat better than the opposition.

Actually his father despises the people that now controll Bush II. I think he called them something along the line of crazy when he were the president.

"Although one could argue that the people who surround him are republicans, there are still enough non republican people, including the white house press and the press that followed him on his campaigns and you never hear a report of any one that has time around that he is stupid. I don't think he's brilliant in any form or fashion but not simply saying not as stupid as the Jay Leno jokes or the average person who doesn't like him claim he is. The 'he's stupid' stuff comes from those who've not spent time in his company. I kinda wish he was that stupid and wa controlled by a group of neocons as it would make the erosion of civil liberities, etc. more bearable, in some strange way.

"Perhaps if we used terms like, not informed, not interested, intellectually lazy instead of stupid this would be more appropriate. There was an interview on television one time during which W was asked to name the PM of country X, the President of country Y.. and so on. It is on the internet someplace - I have seen an excerpt. He couldn't name one. A high level person in the State Department (I read the report but have forgotten the name of the person) said W was ignorant of foreign affairs and didn't seem very interested.

I can use myself and my older brother as an example. My older brother was ill as a child and took to reading books which he still does endlessly. On IQ measures, etc., I am more intelligent. But, I liked sports. So, while I spent 4 hours playing basketball, my brother spent 4 hours reading. Consequently, my brother is far more informed than I am.

So, perhaps W is not stupid and he has a somewhat charming personality when he turns it on, but, that doesn't mean he has a "wise" insight into what he has done and is doing.

I forget the exact numbers, but, I read the % of time he spent in the White House compared to his home in Texas - something like 35% in Texas. He likes to be outdoors doing physical activity. He doesn't like intellectual activities like being informed about world affairs.

One time I was watching Larry King and he was talking about W. He remarked on what a great guy W was and that they had spent an hour talking about baseball. I was appalled to think that the President of the United States had nothing better to do than to talk about baseball for an hour.

So, perhaps W is not stupid, just ill-informed and intellectually lazy - with a preference for physical activity and sports. His vision comes from Wolfowitz and the view of the modern military come from Rumsfeld.

He does little reading and thinking on his own.

So, he isn't stupid and can be charming. Still he is not intellectually equipped to be President of the US.[color:green][/color]

Archived