Jeweler to buy engagement ring

buddha

It just so happens I'm in the market for an engagement ring, understandably my means are somewhat meager at the moment. I am hoping to get a promise ring that will eventually be replaced by a more appropriately priced engagement ring for my GTG hiso fiancee.

Once her parents return the sinsod money I will be able to go all in for the 'actual' ring, until then I need a classy looking setting, a small yet real stone 'no fakes', and a gold band. I'm looking to spend 650,000 baht.

Any advice is appreciated

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Buy a zirconium "diamond" in the setting you choose. They are sometimes called "Hope Diamonds" as in 'I hope someday it will be a real diamond'. Only very close inspection will reveal that is a fake.

Should be very, very cheap vs price of real diamond. When you get the cash, replace the z-stone with a similar sized real diamond and only you and your beloved will know about the temporary stone.

buddha,

:o Oops. Sorry. Had a hard time writing when I was laughing so hard. :smirk: If this isn't all a wind up, well, aren't you rushing things just a bit? :smirk:

And, buy your diamond in the west, much cheaper and easier to get a much better deal I feel on a quality diamond ring than here in Thailand. There are many quality wholesaler jewelry places in the states.

How's that for constructive? :)

So, how much are you thinking of spending on this rock? Will it be deducted from the sinsot? Platinum or gold ring? How soon is the wedding and betrothal party?

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Shit, why can't I stop rolling around on the floor laughing? Uh, good luck with your experiment, buddha. :up::yeahthat::rip:

Cent

Buddha,

Oh, get her ring size. Likely a '4 and a half' or 5, unless he is below or above average sized for a Thai lass. Go into a gold shop and ask to try on a couple rings to see what her size is, then see if you can get out of the fucking shop without buying any gold at all. Now that's an experiment! :D

Cent

Archived