Jeweler to buy engagement ring

buddha

I have always thought the Diamond business in the West a con job, and gold outright theft.

I was so glad to discover years ago that in Thailand you can buy and ell gold, for about a 5% margin, at near real gold prices, unlike in the west where gold is abot 200% mark up.

And yet, in Thailand you do what - BUY A DIAMOND!

Agree with Josh

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks for judging how I spend MY money. Imagine having nothing to do but think about how someone else spends their money.

Imagine having nothing to do but tell people how you spend your money!? Sorry Buddha, but if you don't want to be judged then don't bother telling us how stupid you are with your money! By the way, you said in your opening post that your means were meagre. So you consider 8,000 quid to be meagre! Presumably your GTG hitso girl is the dancer from Patpong that you have fallen in love with! Again wind up. Here's an idea, don't post if you've nothing worthwhile to post.

Hey Munchmaster...I ask a question and rather than provide an answer people jump in and take the piss.

Be constructive....If the thread is so non worthy why do you chime in?

Change your screen name to The_eatabigbagofdicksmaster.... :yay:

I was smiling when I said that.

Hey Munchmaster...I ask a question and rather than provide an answer people jump in and take the piss.....

If you were just asking the question then you didn't have to mention how much you could spend. But then saying your resources were meagre and at the same time saying that you could afford Baht 650,000 just reeks with "I want lots of reaction from the board". By the way, I still think you are either very stupid or just winding us up?

While I am not winding you up, I am sure that I can rightfully be categorized as stupid from time to time.

How about you?

Thanks for not taking the eatabagofdicksmaster comment to heart. That proves some intelligence right there.

I think a question about ehre to buy an engagement ring should include a price?

I mean look through the accomodation section and read all the posts about 'Hey where can I find a nice 1 bedroom, near the sky train, air con, cable tv....' and the first post is someone asking price range.

you are really all over the 'wind up' stance......

No doubt that a "working class" girl brought up in near poverty would prefer the gold, but the middle class professionals I know would probably take the diamond every time. The large office complex I work in has several jewelry shops, including one really nice diamond store, but not a single gold shop.

TH

Archived