Jeweler to buy engagement ring

buddha

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

buddha,

650,000. Bt. sounds like way too much for an 'initial' diamond ring to signify commitment. Generally, Cent is correct about getting better deals in the States, etc. Also, it would come with 18K gold reducing the temptation to sell the thing should things go South. Also, don't count on the sinsot being returned.

Despite having said that, you can get some nice looking rings at many locations in Bangkok. At American Citizens Services at the U.S. Embassy they can provide a list of jewelers that they deem reputable. Also, there are some decently priced engagement rings out there. Good luck and happy hunting. BTW, I've seen some good diamonds even at MBK.

It just so happens I'm in the market for an engagement ring, understandably my means are somewhat meager at the moment. I am hoping to get a promise ring that will eventually be replaced by a more appropriately priced engagement ring for my GTG hiso fiancee.

Once her parents return the sinsod money I will be able to go all in for the 'actual' ring, until then I need a classy looking setting, a small yet real stone 'no fakes', and a gold band. I'm looking to spend 650,000 baht.

Any advice is appreciated

I honestly don't know what to make of this 'buddha's In Love' stuff. Rescuing a 'HiSo bargirl, shacked up and engaged within 10 days of meeting her... meager means... return of the sinsot....650,000 ring. If this is all a wind-up then it's the best one I've seen for a while.

But then if it's love... :shocked:

Archived