tourist visa to u.s.

asialuver1

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The problem is that the immi border official makes the call, in what appears to be their gut feeling at the moment...Just a piss poor way to try to do business.

But it is the exact same way that every country on the planet does it too. For example, when you show up at a Thai port of entry with your US passport, the immi officer there does not HAVE to give you a 30 day entry stamp. He can give you 10, or one day, or deny entry if he feels like it.

Cheers,

SD

But it is the exact same way that every country on the planet does it too.

Cheers,

SD

For sure and thus, very difficult to make business plans and arrangements.

Hey...this is 2006, we have computers, networks, databases...etc...there is no reason that things can't be more organized.

When someone applies for a visa, check them out in the database and make the call there, on the spot.

There may be a glitch here and there where in the immi official at the border will have to step in and change the call, but the system should be way more solid then it is now.

Example...my wife #2, after waiting five years to get her green card renewed, finally had it renewed in August. Now the 10 year green card is good until 2016. That means she actually has/had a 15 year/10 year green card as she was in limbo for thise five years.

What the hell is going on in the USA???

This security/NSA/INS is a pile of BS to the point that the US gov can't hardly function :dunno:

If I go to any large trade show in the USA or Europe there are 100s of people from Asian countries ,

how do they get visas ?

Is it only because they are displaying at a trade show , or going there to buy ?

If so can we start a hooker trade show in Vegas so that all the BGs can get easy USA visas :)

OC

I knowt his has been about tourist visa's but You all might get a laugh from this. I file a K1 visa in May. I send form to Texas. Ok then I get letter saying they have it in California. Then I get a letter 3 months later saying I need to fill out form asking Did I have any drug charges, assault charges and spousal beating charges.Oh was this setup by a marriage broker and if so name of broker.

Ok, just mark form if you did these bad things. No yes or no box, just mark if you were bad boy.

Ok send in form. Wait 3 months more.then get letter saying they forwarded forms to New Hampshire. clear across the states. and in 2 to 4 weeks I will get another letter with case number. Well 3 weeks go bye. I get a call late last week. Are you Mr. So and So? Yes well this is the Visa center in New Hampshire. Are you sure you live at address you put on form? Well Yes I do. I'm freaking as they called my mobile and I travel with my work. Ok, We will advise you in 2/4 weeks if approved. Ok Thank you. Then today. Monday in the states I get email. Things are a go and in 10/15 bussiness days papers will arrive in BKK. Why can't they do it all in one center?? I know job security. HAHA

OH, Thanks, but it still up to the Man.. in BKK. have my ticket bought for the 17th next month. Now I'm thinking of waiting for the interview date and change ticket. I can't afford to make 2 trips in 2 months time period,plus shutting down my work. Plus I know the big party with family that yours truly will be paying for.. :beer::elephant::chili::beer:

We shall see. I have tried to tell her all the bad things of my work and life, as I travel all the times and she will be traveling with me. Her answer. I try can do.

Archived