shakeup of visa and immigration rules

Old Hippie

No, not like the golden days.

To get a non-immigrant B visa you need the following, according to the thaivisa.com website:

When an alien applies for a non-immigrant visa "code B" , to stay in the country 90 days or less, and would like to apply for an extension or an alien applies for a non-immigrant visa "code B-A" , to stay over 90 days, he/she will need to submit the following:

1. Application Form T.M. 7 (for extension of an alien who enters the Kingdom for not more than 90 days).

2. A copy of the passport or substitute document.

3. One 4*6 cm. Photo.

4. 500 baht fee is required for an extension of 90 days or less.

5. A recommendation letter from the company showing the positions of the applicant as well as the position of all foreigners working in the company and for what reasons these aliens must be employed.

6. Work permit or the receipt showing the alien has applied for such a permit from the Ministry of labour and Social welfare.

7. The alienâ??s personal tax details including: balance, profit and loss, entity income tax, Vat records for the past year.

8. Certificate of entity registration, company registration certificate of limited company or commercial registration or VAT registration and list of partnerships.

9. Export companies must submit document of export transactions, i.e. bank or company transactions.

10. The officials reserve the right to require more documentation for further investigation to verify the companyâ??s viability.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you did'nt need the money elswhere having the money in LOS may be handy. You can access it at times when your original currency is softer against the baht and visa vera when your foriegn funds are stronger against the original exchange rate you tx'd the money into Thailand.

Hedging.

For those staying for extended periods of time in LOS and turn over a fair deal of cash then this could save you sitang. A bit of homework when you tx the cash in the first place can add advantage by moving bulk amounts of cash on a "good day"...

Fatty...

I was about to setup a "US Dollar" account at Kasikorn today...and then the rain came, so tomorrow.

I have the same in Japan, a USD and yen bank accounts. i xfr back and forth between the accounts and at the end of the year, have made a nice profit, very low risk and easy to do over the internet.

I hoping for the same with Kasikorn.

TIT...I phone Kasikorn and ask, "...can I setup a US dollar account at your bank?"...answer. "yes, just come in...".

OK, motorsai and putt-putt to Kasikorn, get my "next in line" number/ticket...no people, quick...OK, I would like to setup a US dollar account here. I already have a Thai Baht here...

No, can not setup a US dollar account, only for business, not for personal :banghead:

OK, here I go again and will start to do my "bank run", different banks, different branches...

Cavanami, rules change branch to branch!

<>

I've been pushing the Malaysia as a alternative for years now, good to see at last many now agree.

And this is a good point, not just gubbmint, but the general population WANTS us to be there, unlike many Thais who view us the same as many Queenslanders viewed japanese in the 80's, a neccessary evil.

Cent - the Dollar has dropped more against the baht and been I think as unstabe this year. Not a good currency choice, if you kept the $ in Thailand you'd have come out ahead.

No iidea what interest rates you get in USA though

FOG

Archived