New 500 Baht Banknote

Hey Ritic, thanks for your input, I thought I was 95% correct in my statement about IOM, I didn't realise that Haiti and Costa Rica also tried this experiment at the same time.

This Roberto character is a bit sad isn't he, who in their right mind dedicates their time to developing a website about Polymer banknotes crazy.gif" border="0

Ah well, I suppose it takes all sorts

quote:

Originally posted by Mekong:

This Roberto character is a bit sad isn't he, who in their right mind dedicates their time to developing a website about Polymer banknotes
crazy.gif" border="0

Ah well, I suppose it takes all sorts

Who in their right mind posts on a discussion group about hookers in Thailand.

LOL

quote:

Originally posted by rictic:

Who in their right mind posts on a discussion group about hookers in Thailand.

LOL

What?

This Board is an informative cyber community all about the expat lifestyle in LOS, encompassing such subjects as good food, visa runs, where to live and...................Oh yes Hookers

wink.gif" border="0

The ultimate goal of the U.S. and most countries is to do away with paper money. It has a much shorter circulation life span than coin, therefore more expensive to replace old currencies.

The goal is some sort of universal debit card. Sounds a bit Orwellian but its more economical and efficient. Plus its easier for governments to track spending habits, etc. (U.S. Govt: Choc. Steve, I see you've spent a considerable amount of money in LOS beer bars!) Now I'm sounding a bit Orwellian.

I picked ups 1000 bt. note some time ago, when its held up to the light you can see the image of the queen embossed in the paper.

I was told these were "special"

are they?

( keep it in my wallett just in case )

Yes this polymer shit is an ozztraaaliaaan invention , i think some bright spark came up with the idea a decade or so ago ( someone will find the exact date on a site no doubt ).

Since then it has crept it's way around the world .

I allways thought the Thais adopted it as so much of their paper money disintegrated with the heat eminating from farangs scrotums .

As we all know farangs are the ATM's of Thailand. I have often found those notes stuffed in my jeans pockets have turned into wet smelly shite after a horn filled night on the town .

This meant that the Thais had the print LOADS more paper money as it was disintegrating in the "ATM's".

A mix of heat , humidity, & thermo-nuclear gonads was the cause I guess.Good to see the Thais are doing something about this problem .

Years ago when "the greater thingy" made the very first bar girl , he in all his wisdom foresaw such a development & thus gave all women a pupose built swipping slot for these cards .

Of course not all women stayed BG's so you see this slot on all women these days . But rest assured when the time comes you will be able to "swipe for play". smile.gif" border="0

Archived