Pizza in Bangkok??

I tried Pizza Hut yesterday and it sucks. Anyone have any idea where to get GOOD NY-style pizza in Bangkok?? I'm going through withdrawal.....

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't know about New York Pizza but I get mone from Flying Pizza in Soi 22, crappy eat in location but generally pretty good delivery. Ph is 026638889 The Santa Anna is my favorite. If you think Pizza Hut sucks try the Narai pizza for a real piece of rubbish. There is also the pickle factory for real good Pizza, but limited delivery area and there is a little Italian Restaurant in Patpong on the 2nd floor near (above) the star of light, good pizza after yr BJ.

There is a decent italian? place opposite the Novotel lotus hotel on suk soi 33 what's the name of it ? something pan, good food anyway-peter

quote:

Originally posted by PakWaan:

I tried Pizza Hut yesterday and it sucks. Anyone have any idea where to get GOOD NY-style pizza in Bangkok?? I'm going through withdrawal.....

It's a bit out of the way, but the Pickle Factory in Rajwithi Soi 2 used to make excellent pizzas. I haven't been there in a while, so I hope it still exits.

It is located in a former residential building, and they even have a swimming-pool which you can use.

The place is a bit hard to find, though. The soi branches of a few hundred metres east of Victory Monument, from the north side of Rajwithi Rd. Then it's a few hundred metres into the soi, on the left side.

Pickle Factory does an excellent job, but it is SLOW, so prepare accordingly.

Agree, Narai Pizza is rubbish, while Pizza Company is better than the Hut.

Amazing, really......not too many years back pizza delivery didn't exist. Now the Thais have gone mad for pizza.

froggo

The other guys are going to hate this idea, but we don't really know just how much of a pizza freak you are. All the dishes I've had at the Italian restaurant in the Regent Hotel (1st stop on Silom line SkyTrain after Siam Square) were excellent, and not terribly overpriced. The pizza crust was thin, only, though. smile.gif" border="0

Originally posted by Peter G:

[QB]There is a decent italian? place opposite the Novotel lotus hotel on suk soi 33 what's the name of it ? something pan, good food anyway-peter

Hiya doin' Peter? I think you are talking about the Pan Pan restaurants. As you said there is one on Soi 33 and also one on Soi Lang Suan and another in Jomtien. Good, inexpensive Italian food and decent pizza.

My vote for Best Pizza in Bangkok goes to the Paparazzi Restaurant which is on the second floor of Chateau de Bangkok on Soi Ruam Rudee - about a 15 minute walk from NEP. They use those brick ovens there for the pizza. Outstanding Italian food and antipasta bar as well. They used to have a deal the last three days of the month where if you bought a large pizza and a Carlsberg, the second large pizza and Carlsberg are free. Not sure if that is still in effect though.

Archived