Pizza in Bangkok??

Pizza hut and pizza company is about what it's like in the states.

Pan Pan is alright, but it's really not a New York Pizza.

Going to taste the factory, and I'll give you my opinion on that soon.

Well there is one place that gives a decent pizza that I don't think has been mentioned, but it's not much like a standard NY style pizza yet still a good pizza in my opinion. It's the open air restaurant on Sukhumvit that fronts Clinton Plaza. I believe it's to the left of Thermae.

<<burp>>

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most of the pizza I have had in LOS has been the little "dinky" size.

anyone know where they sell full size pizzas.

You look at a menue ( the first few times) and think thats a good price for a pizza until you get served, and think about 5 of these mite do it.

?

Can't quite remember the name of the place, but the Pizza place on soi 33, oposite "Monet" bar, serves some of the best pizzas around !!. Huge variety of exotic pizzas (9" and 11" sizes) with very very reasonable prices. Have also other Italian food, but never tried. Delivers to all the bars on the soi and I think home in the area as well.

Try the "Amalfi". Great !!

quote:

Originally posted by peejoe:

Can't quite remember the name of the place, but the Pizza place on soi 33, oposite "Monet" bar, serves some of the best pizzas around !!. Huge variety of exotic pizzas (9" and 11" sizes) with very very reasonable prices. Have also other Italian food, but never tried. Delivers to all the bars on the soi and I think home in the area as well.

Try the "Amalfi". Great !!

"peejoe" -- is that as in "pijiu" (looks a bit different but sounds a lot like peejoe when pronounced) = beer in Mandarin? Good one.

• 3 weeks later...

quote:

Originally posted by peejoe:

Can't quite remember the name of the place, but the Pizza place on soi 33, oposite "Monet" bar, serves some of the best pizzas around Delivers to all the bars on the soi and I think home in the area as well. Try the "Amalfi". Great !!

Based on your recommendation, I tried the place you noted this weekend. It is called Bella Pizza and I agree that is the best I have tasted so far in Bangkok. But I have not tried Pickle Factory yet and it seems to rate high on everyone's list.

What happened to Upper Crust on Soi 22-- now closed???

Suppose,

Not sure of the exact address of the Pickle Factory, but this may help get you there, or near there laugh.gif" border="0

It is located on a residential soi about 15 minutes walk from the Victory Monument. Head from the Victory Monument towards the Century Park Hotel. Almost diagonal to the front of the hotel's main enterance, and across the street, you will see some dark looking streets under a highway overpass. Yes, this is where you want to be. You should also see signs to the RASAMI kindergarten. This is a key landmark, as the restaurant is just across the street from the kindergarten. So, just follow the signs for the kindergarten down the soi a ways, and you will see a house on your left. That is the Pickle Factory. It has a pool, and seats outside by the pool.

Now that I have hopefully got you there, or near enough so someone can help you, I will give you a few warnings. First, the service can be extremely slow. I have waited 90 minutes for my food on more than one occasion. Second, while some of the pizzas I have ordered have been excellent, others have been fit for soi dogs. So, I would say the food can at times be excellent, but is often uneven at best.

Cheers,

froggo

Archived