Pizza in Bangkok??

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Froggo, thanks for the help. I stay near Vic Monument which makes it all the better.

If they serve the food quickly and it is good, I will be happy. If they serve the food slowly and it is worth waiting for then I will be happy. If they serve the food slowly and it is crap then it will still be good in my befuddled eyes (how many 200 baht caraffes can you manage in 90 minutes smile.gif" border="0).If they serve the food quickly and it bad then we can finish our drinks and be away for some real food smile.gif" border="0

Cheers for the info, will try it soon.

[ September 25, 2001: Message edited by: SUPPOSE ]

When i was over in april my TG to me to a place called Pasta & Pizza in sukhumvit road , between Nana and Themea , very nice but on the small side . Noticed there was an outlet at BKK airport above the departures.

quote:

Originally posted by flash:

When i was over in april my TG to me to a place called Pasta & Pizza in sukhumvit road , between Nana and Themea , very nice but on the small side . Noticed there was an outlet at BKK airport above the departures.

You're not confusing this with Pasta 'N Noodles are you? Pasta 'N Noodles is a great little restaurant, but I think their pizza is only so-so. What is good is that they have a decent selection of pasta dishes (Italian) and noodle dishes (Thai) so you and your Thai friend can both be happy. Also, they serve beer/alcohol and other goodies too. The manager of the place is a stunner by the way.

Pasta 'N Noodles is located on Sukhumvit Road between NEP and Thermae as stated and is very close to Eden/Soi 7. They are not associated with that place in Terminal 2 of the airport.

"Agree - a motorcycle or even taxi is a better bet as it is fairly deep into the soi. If possible, first timers may be better on a moto just so you can stop and ask directions with greater ease".

I will hunt it on foot but I am going to buy my own pizza for the journey and the reward can be the vino smile.gif" border="0

• 2 weeks later...

quote:

Originally posted by GoldenChild:

What's wrong with Pizza Hut?

I'm still waiting for a Taco Bell chain to open up in Bangkok.

I'll stay away from the important Pizza Hut issue, although I tend to favor Pizza Company when I am thinking home delivery here in Bangkok.

However, I am with you 100% on that last one. The Mexican restaurants in Bangkok are few and not that great. Not that I would ever put Taco Bell into the Mexican restaurant category, but it would be the only Mexican fast-food joint in town. I think it would do OK, certainly with the yanks and even the Thais might enjoy an occasional taco with VERY hot sauce.

However, I was once told the guy who holds the master franchise for Taco Bell here (he is quite famous) does not intend to open one up. He is focusing on other things at the moment.

I would really go for a chalupa right now.

Archived