Pizza in Bangkok??

quote:

My vote for Best Pizza in Bangkok goes to the Paparazzi Restaurant which is on the second floor of Chateau de Bangkok on Soi Ruam Rudee - about a 15 minute walk from NEP.

Could you give me a little more detail on where this is? No idea where Soi Ruam Rudee is and I've been living in the area since Feb. Guess I don't get out much. Been using Pizza Company and they're decent with excellent delivery times. But I'd like a change on one of those rare occasions when I crave US food.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

quote:

Originally posted by Lamock Chokaprret:

Could you give me a little more detail on where this is? No idea where Soi Ruam Rudee is and I've been living in the area since Feb. Guess I don't get out much. Been using Pizza Company and they're decent with excellent delivery times. But I'd like a change on one of those rare occasions when I crave US food.

I'm with you. Although I love Thai food, living here, I often need that farang food fix. Well, if you want Italian, Paparazzi's is good.

Soi Ruam Rudee runs just behind the American Embassy - the parallel more or less to Wireless Road. It intersects with Ploenchit, not far from the Ploenchit BTS station. It is about a 15 minute walk from NEP. There are a number of other decent restaurants on Soi Ruam Rudee. For example, consistently voted as one of the best Thai restaurants is Baan Kanitha - not far from Chateau de Bangkok/Paparazzi's. The food is good there, but overpriced, I think.

I agree with you on Pizza Company. I often order it for my classes and visiting BGs.

quote:

Originally posted by frogpatrol:

Pickle Factory does an excellent job, but it is SLOW, so prepare accordingly.

Agree, Narai Pizza is rubbish, while Pizza Company is better than the Hut.

Amazing, really......not too many years back pizza delivery didn't exist. Now the Thais have gone mad for pizza.

froggo

Around here normal is slow, so how slow is SLOW??? No need to answer, I can just imagine going into low blood sugar syndrome waiting for the pizza to appear while the waiter smiles and informs me, "You must wait, sir."

Thanks for the warning, always on the look out for an excellent pizza, and I will prepare accordingly by eating a light meal just before I arrive.

laugh.gif" border="0

quote:

Soi Ruam Rudee runs just behind the American Embassy - the parallel more or less to Wireless Road. It intersects with Ploenchit, not far from the Ploenchit BTS station. It is about a 15 minute walk from NEP. There are a number of other decent restaurants on Soi Ruam Rudee. For example, consistently voted as one of the best Thai restaurants is Baan Kanitha - not far from Chateau de Bangkok/Paparazzi's. The food is good there, but overpriced, I think.

Thanks Sarisin. Got it located on my Silom map now. Have to check it out this weekend. I don't suppose they deliver?

quote:

Originally posted by PakWaan:

I tried Pizza Hut yesterday and it sucks. Anyone have any idea where to get GOOD NY-style pizza in Bangkok?? I'm going through withdrawal.....

Here in America, I have a different dilemma. I can find a lot of New York pizzas, but can't find ANYONE who delivers Thai bargirls!!!

Dunno bout NY style, but agree Pan Pan is good. Also try Madrid on Patpong.

I used to swear by Domino's, shite pastry but great flavours...

quote:

Originally posted by mikem:

Here in America, I have a different dilemma. I can find a lot of New York pizzas, but can't find ANYONE who delivers Thai bargirls!!!

Had to laugh at that. Everything is relative and needs to be putin perpective.

I too miss NY pizza.It is 6 months since I was there and it will be the first thing I eat when I next visit.

While here in LOS I am looking for ways to stay out of trouble. Temptation is everywhere

• 1 month later...

So far, I've tried:

Paparazzi - pretty good, though their selections tend to be pretty similar. Number 2.

Pan-Pan - OK, though a little bland - not a wide choice. Number 3.

Pizza Company - OK. Number 4.

Pizza Hut - f*cking atrocious.

Pickle Factory - Best by far. Very good selection of interesting food too, reasonably priced (carafe of wine 200B - yum, yum).

Archived