Bus 552 suvanabhumi - Sukhumvit

thalenoi

I arrived Savanaboum friday morning and tested the 552 to sukhumvit. Took shuttle to Transportation Center and into 552. Took me 1h10 minutes to Thong Lor at 35 baht. The signs sais 552 to On Nut, but the bus continues on Sukhumvit, I dunno whereto.

Took 552 back to Savanaboum at 17.10 to arrive Transportation center at 18.30. Problem was at Bang Na, Central and Lotus traffic deadlock. From there it´s still a long way to the airport. The next stupid thing is that bus passes by the taking off runway with lots of plane spotters watching alongside the road, then turnes right towards supporting buildings and enters the TC. There you hop on the Express shuttle; to rediscover the road you just took. In fact it adds an other 15 minutes to get at the terminal building.

I do hope they drop passengers who take the 150 baht Airport buses directly at the terminal!

Conclusion, towards the airport I would rather take a taxi.

As for the airport itself, I don´t like the place. No character, looks a factory with all the concrete, steel and glass, is a 90ties designand looks german.

The check in hall is a loud place, similar to a thai restaurant. The walks are long to get anywhere.

At Don Muang it was known as the Airport Shuttle. Not a numbered bus.

Maybe 552 goes from Screwballs Shopping Mall past Suvanabhumi, to Hog Town Heaven Shopping Mall? I don't know the history of the good (old?) 552.

Bus 29 goes past Don Maung as does the train. But they don't terminate there. There may be other lines in the vicinity of Suvanabhumi. I haven't been there yet.

How the hell do you know so much about bus 552, it if it is not on a fucking map?

Route 552 ends at the Khlong Toei bus terminal.

Existing service to the airport includes bus No. 549 from Bangkapi, No. 550 from Happyland, No. 551 from the Victory Monument, No. 552 from Klong Toey, Nos. 552A and 553 from Samut Prakan, No. 554 from Rangsit and shuttle service between Suvarnabhumi and its forerunner, Don Muang.

Bus 552: Suvannabhum - Rama 4

This bus goes along Bang Na - Bang Pakong Highway (from km 15) passing the Nation HQ, gateway to Ramakhamhaeng U. (Bang Na campus), Sri Iam Intersection, Central City Bang Na and BITEC before turning right at Bang Na to go along Sukhumvit road all the way to Onnut station and then turn left at Phra Khanong Intersection to go along rama 4 road all the way to Klong Toei bus (near Tesco Lotus Phra Ram 4).

Source: google.com

Airport buses still running but at 150 baht now.

I did not see any sign where to catch them at the airport. I saw one passing by on Suk, old airport bus repainted in AOT colors.

Jai-dee, please note the 552 did not turn left at Phra Khanong, but continued on Suk. I got off at soi 32 level (passed Thong Lor) and took 552 back same place (at the soi leading to Samiti veij hospital).

Archived