McRice Burgers & McSom Tam

Fidel

Funny isn't it?

One of the funny things I noticed after I'd come back to Bangkok after a trip to Isan with this girl is that everybody seems to eat KFC with knife and fork. After many meals eating with our hands in Isan, she seemed outraged at the idea you would do the same at KFC!!! Reminds me of that Seinfield episode where George eats his Snickers Bar with a knife and fork.

Anyhow just off to order a McRice burger and McSom Tam so I can eat with knife and fork! Hope it catches on.

Thai McDonald's uses real plates, knives and spoons, for chicken and rice. They also direct customers to sit while their orders are prepared, if not readily available, and brought to their tables. They even bus the tables. The servers are not fat slobs. Ray Kroc must be rolling in his grave.

Thai McDonald's uses real plates, knives and spoons, for chicken and rice. They also direct customers to sit while their orders are prepared, if not readily available, and brought to their tables. They even bus the tables. The servers are not fat slobs. Ray Kroc must be rolling in his grave.

They probably speak English better than the servers in the USA as well... :(

Archived