R U Ashamed?

WINEDINE69

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only place I have heard of where they don't stamp your passport is Israel, where you get your stamp on a piece of paper that you can throw away later, as a lot of countries (Muslim ones, anyway), will not let you in if you have an Israeli stamp in your passport.

Don't know if they still do it, but ten years ago you could do basically the same thing in Vietnam - they issued a visa on about a 4 inch by 6 inch piece of paper, stamped that for entry and exit, and you had to show it to police in most towns when you spent the night.

YimSiam

PS: Yes, I'm ashamed. (My father's Catholic, so it's not my fault. Well, not all my fault. Ok, it's my fault.) I try to make it up to myself and others by being a damn good boy in other ways, by being jai dee in Thailand, and, well, coming up with rationalisations as to why it's okay to do what I do.

The only place I have heard of where they don't stamp your passport is Israel' date=' where you get your stamp on a piece of paper that you can throw away later, as a lot of countries (Muslim ones, anyway), will not let you in if you have an Israeli stamp in your passport.

[/quote']

Don't know if they still do it, but ten years ago you could do basically the same thing in Vietnam - they issued a visa on about a 4 inch by 6 inch piece of paper, stamped that for entry and exit, and you had to show it to police in most towns when you spent the night.

YimSiam

PS: Yes, I'm ashamed. (My father's Catholic, so it's not my fault. Well, not all my fault. Ok, it's my fault.) I try to make it up to myself and others by being a damn good boy in other ways, by being jai dee in Thailand, and, well, coming up with rationalisations as to why it's okay to do what I do.

No, Yim... same as Thailand now. All done in the passport. The police don't give a shit about these days. The hotel just has to keep your passport behind the front desk of the hotel, that's it.

Things have changed in 'Nam a lot in the last 10 years.

Archived