Living with a Thai Girl - Sin Sot, the real problem

Nervous_Dog

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
...plus her parents really hate the idea of their perfect daughter marrying an older farang...i'm fucked...no way out...

Wow. Considering how close Thai families are, I wouldn't have married if I hadn't had a chance to get to know her family well, and determine that I could accept them and be accepted by them.

Zombie,

If her parents are dead set against her mayying a farang, or do not like you, they will impose a ridiculous sin sot to try to stymy the wedding. Also, if they truly do not want her marrying you, she will not marry you. Unless, as you say, she is not a true traditionalist and can break away from her family, or stand up to them. Elope, then approach the parents with the legal marriage documents and go from there. But, do you really want to have in-laws that will then be extremely pissed at you? And trying to sabotage your marriage at every chance? Most Thai women do not seem happy to, or strong enough, to go against the parents and family wishes.

JMHO.

It is totally up to her though.

Cent

They've already tried shyge, but it's made no difference.

Cent, she is fine to do what she wants, she seems to be very confident she will decide herself, ignoring her parents odd behaviour. I think she is a little perplexed by their stance and wants to make them happy, but wont sacrifice her own happiness. Well that's what she says anyway.

• 6 months later...

Archived