Need Help - is there a shuttle bus from the new airport to Pattaya?

short-time

Hi,

Got it. Tried putting it up as a post, but kept getting timeout errors. Maybe due to the amount of pics, but as they were just links that shouldn't have made a difference.

Anyway, no luck that way, so added it as a page:

http://www.thai360.com/fbb/travel/airport.php

Sanuk!

PS Version 2 of the board software will allow for articles to be posted, hopefully that will make things easier.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gotta agree with u CT. u dont go to Thailand to scrimp and save. u go there to do whatever u want all day everyday and not have to worry about money. trying to save small cash on a trip and budget doesnt allow u to relax and have a good time.

dont go to Thailand until ur cashed up and u can let loose drinking and rooting all day, staying at nice hotels, eat nice meals, take taxis 100 metres down the road cause its raining and because ur a rich man in this country, drink drink and drink some more, catch a plane to phuket on a whim, shout starngers u just met drinks, go to CM2 when its due to close in 15 minutes cause u know theres still girls to be had, go to lolitas get a blowjob and give a tip for good service, hit a string of bars even though its 11am, shop till u drop, and finally pay for 3 girls a day (not including blowjobs in between).

now that my friends is a holiday....

Your attitude is why I didn't buy the Playstation from you. Just because you don't mind spending an extra 1000 baht to save 20-30 minutes doesn't mean everyone else does.

I have met some good people, farnag and a few thai girls on the bus. From where I live it is a 30 baht, ten minute ride to Morchit Bus Station, 106 baht, two hours 15 minutes to Pattaya, and 20-baht songteaw to hotel....total travel time two hours 40 minutes for 156 baht.. vs 1,325 (125 for tolls) and two hours for taxi. It's a no brainer.

If I am real tired I will sometimes take an 800 baht taxi back to BKK but usually find plenty of guys to split the fare.

people are obviously different!

Some people have a lot of time and are never in a rush, wasting 2 hours of their life after a long flight in coach class and are on a budget (maybe)because of that attitude. 2 hours of my time is worth more than 10USD, that's how I see it!

Everything in Thailand is already a bargain, even the cab ride is 80% cheaper than where I come from. I payed 1200 including all tolls, I even tipped the guy 100 baht.

I don't care if you buy the PSP or not, i took some effort into it to list you the features after you contacted me, you did not even reply. Stop talking about attitude, because that was bad behavior!! Anyways what is spoken in private topics stays private, bad behavior again!

I wanted to fly from Udon Thani to Europe and did not want to spend 5 hours wandering around the new airport, so I decided to take an early flight out of Udon and relax the day in a Bangkok hotel before flying home.

I took the 552 also from airport to Sukhumvit and back. Why would I spend 600b on transport when 70b does the trick?

Gotta agree with u CT. u dont go to Thailand to scrimp and save. u go there to do whatever u want all day everyday and not have to worry about money. trying to save small cash on a trip and budget doesn't allow u to relax and have a good time.

dont go to Thailand until ur cashed up and u can let loose drinking and rooting all day, staying at nice hotels, eat nice meals, take taxis 100 metres down the road cause its raining and because ur a rich man in this country, drink drink and drink some more, catch a plane to phuket on a whim, shout starngers u just met drinks, go to CM2 when its due to close in 15 minutes cause u know theres still girls to be had, go to lolitas get a blowjob and give a tip for good service, hit a string of bars even though its 11am, shop till u drop, and finally pay for 3 girls a day (not including blowjobs in between).

now that my friends is a holiday....

i agree that would be a great holiday....if everyone one on here were you and had all that cash you got...unfortunately not everybody can roll like that ...you can and should be a budget traveler...i've been around the world and the one thing i try to do is stay on a budget, cause you never know what might happen on a vacation unexpectedly...and i've had a great time everywhere i've been.....i always keep an eye on my spending (except my first time in pattaya lol....i ran out of money for 3 days...cause i didn't know the pussy would add up like it did..this was all new to me),but i've learned since then...live by your own means not someone elses

I prefer a coach to Pattaya because: the seats are comfortable, there's a large space around, you can see the scenery better, you can stand up and stretch, there's a toilet, holds more luggage. you meet girls.

The small taxi's are claustrophobic, sometimes the ac is ng. The worst situation would be to be stuck with a jerkoff for a driver who yak yaks all the way to the destination.

It is wise to economize, when you can. But, if you get pleasure out of riding the taxi, go for it. Take a Rolls Royce limo, if it makes you feel good.

Even millionairs ride mass transit, every day. I think riding the bus makes life more interesting. Sometimes you get around just as fast as a taxi.

There is a bus at the new airport going to Pattaya.

I did a tour/write up of the new airport with pictures showing the bus, etc and sent it to Stickman but he has not posted it yet.

Cool photos. It'll be very helpful when I go there. It looks a lot better than Don Muang or that I imagined it would be like.

You did a real good thing there.

I have taken the bus from the airport bus terminal to Pattaya, on September 30. You take a local bus (5-10 minutes)from the airport to the bus terminal (its not like the airport buses that go to Suk. and Silom, with large areas to put your bags but more like the five baht buses you take around town). The bus to Pattaya leaves every 2 hours during the day (1:00, 3:00, 5:00, etc.). I got there at 3:15 and waited for the 5:00 bus, which took 2 hours, 10 minutes to get to pattaya. Concerning the new airport, I had no problems on Sept. 30, arriving from Phuket but leaving on Nov. 3 on Eva air to San Francisco (via Taiwan), it seemed that I had to walk twice as far through 4 times as many duty free shops as the old airport, to get to the gate. Also, why do they have you wait one level above where the gate is and then let you walk down the steps to the correct level, where you wait a little bit longer, and then actually take the ticket and you can get on the plane. At lleast it didn't compare to my first experience at Taiwan's airport. The last announcemnt that you see before getting off the plane is that the possession of illegal drugs or firearms is an offence punishable by capital punishment. Then, they have you go through security again and as you approach the gate, your bag goes through security a second time, where they confiscated my tooth paste. But they never checked my person. So, you could take the revelant item out of your carry on after going through the first security and put it in your pocket.

Archived