One more Gripe about Suvarnabhumi Airport!

sakoni2002

thanks for clarification!

will wait until the skytrain extension opens!

wonder if they will have enough taxis at Makkasan station and whether it will be easy to travel with luggage on the sky train

going on subway at other airports can be a pain in the ass!

Yes, it will be a pain in the ass, unless they add down escalators or let you use the handicapped elevator, at all stations, for people with luggage. I've carried my bags down the damn steps at Nana and you get a good sweaty workout.

At least the underground subway has up and down escalators,

I used Suvarn four times in the past two weeks (two international arrivals and two international departures). Everything functioned very smoothly each time, no glitches whatsoever. I was particularly impressed with the baggage handling, which had been a trouble spot at least through mid-October. On arrival from the U.S., I pulled the second of two very heavy suitcases off the carousel about 13 minutes after clearing Immigration. I returned with one not-so-heavy suitcase and it took nearly 30 minutes after clearing U.S. Immigration to get it back at JFK. Thai Immigration was a snap both inbound and outbound, only two or three people ahead of me in the queue. Check-in on both outbound flights was also painless â?? no queue at all, I went straight to the check-in counter.

The only slightly disconcerting airport-related moment was getting a taxi to the airport. On both trips from a Suk hotel, the driver wouldnâ??t do it for less than 400 baht excluding tolls. At 8.15 a.m. on a Tuesday morning, four straight drivers declined the trip even for 400 baht. The reason was the trip back after dropping me off. The drivers said theyâ??d be returning empty and would get stuck in the morning rush, making a trip to the airport a losing proposal. I had taken AOT â??limosâ? from the airport after both inbound flights.

Evel

:devil:

Archived