One more Gripe about Suvarnabhumi Airport!

sakoni2002

I got to the airport 5 hours in advance of my flight and had no problems with the seats. As I would be on 4 flights, with a total time in air of 19 hours, sitting was not a priorty for me. In another thread, I did complain about all the walking after going through immigration and how many levels you had to walk down to get to your gate. However, I did notice that the prices in the family mart were the same as 7-11 in town. At least they are ot trying to rip off customers like at other airports, such as San Francisco, where the same coke that cost 14 baht in family mart cost $2.75. At lest they haven't jacked up the cost of newpapers yet, which is usually what I buy when I have a couple of hours to kill at an airport.

I've been there so often lately the "Pirate" car hire people, Camry to Landmark for 800 baht, have gotten to know me by name.

I noticed last night that beside gate B arrival, where I usually wait, the car firms, Avis etc, have all moved?

WHAT?

Apparently the competition from outside was so great they moved inside, now a dirty stain where Avis was

DOG

Not same SAMAK

At the old airport as you entered the general area, you'd get askedd "Taxi? Limo?" 2 different companies both using camry's.

At the new airport one company only is allowed to park their camries on the area outside, they charge 20% more than the 2nd company, which parks their cars on the road coming into the airport, and wait to get caled in for a customer.

Takes about 5 mintues longer, but so far using them 5 times in 3 weeks, they have been very very good

DOG

thanks for clarification!

will wait until the skytrain extension opens!

wonder if they will have enough taxis at Makkasan station and whether it will be easy to travel with luggage on the sky train

going on subway at other airports can be a pain in the ass!

thanks for clarification!

will wait until the skytrain extension opens!

wonder if they will have enough taxis at Makkasan station and whether it will be easy to travel with luggage on the sky train

going on subway at other airports can be a pain in the ass!

The train at Tokyo, Japan is OK; Kuala Lumpur, OK, etc.

It is an easy interface...now, if they will do it? :dunno:

Archived