Murder in Thong Lor

Chillers

I do put her and the NZ dude in the same boat - victims but self-caused actions that lead to their demise....I just stayed away from name-calling and the typical, knee-jerk reaction of "he will deserved what he gets" mentality (same mentality of people who read one mark karr case and extrapolate that to all those who go to thailand). No difference in the thought process being deployed...

CB

Interesting....

Well, I'm a shrink, worked with every type of human dysfunctional behaviour there is...have 15 years experience doing so as well, so whilst you made an, i'm sure, amusing side swipe at me, i feel emminently qualified to call him an asshole.

I tend to use the 'extended bar stool' approach here too...but...you are stepping into rather worrying thinking, so i'm going to try and help you here a little bit, as it appears you might need it.

Below are a short list of absolutes. Psychology has many. People don't, however, that's due to a lack of information on most peoples part. Now, your choice is whether you are able to recognise these...if not then you need to do some serious thinking...

Truth 1. There is never any justification for murder. Emotions are not rational and this man was in a heightened emotional state. The degree of provocation is totally irrelevant. He is an adult and is therefore fully responsible for his actions. It doesn't matter what she said or did....it matters how he responded.

Truth 2. Murder is wrong. Always. 100% of the time. Your view that people have displayed a 'knee jerk' reaction is somewhat odd. There is no 'knee jerk' reaction to murder, it is always wrong, always bad, always a tragedy. See truth 1....there is never any justification for murder....

Truth 3. Lumping the reaction to this crime and the reaction again Mark Carr together, is insulting. The 2 are fundementally different and you tell me more about what kind of person you are by such a statement. The 2 are very different, different thinking and behaviour was involved, different emotional cues and different cognitive processing. Also i doubt you will see newspaper reports about how Thailand is where farang go to murder, which proves how very poor your thinking on this matter is.

CB, really, i am concerned. I'm sure you felt a little defensive following the rebukes, but if you know you screwed up, then just acknowledge that fact and move on. It shows a sense of honour and pride...and decency. To rekindle the negative discussion is maybe not wise? I also hope you dont view girls who get hit or murdered as deserving it/having provoked it in some way as well...i really hope you don't think like that....for your sake. It links to an array of other thought processess that are disturbed and impact on behaviour.

I hope you can read this without feeling 'got at'....it's not my intention.

Peace.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived