Murder in Thong Lor

Chillers

The new tenants for my old flat in Thong Lor (a farang guy and a Thai girl) had a big falling out which has ended very badly. I'd met them before and they were an attractive couple. The girl was very good looking and the guy was perhaps a model?

Anyhow - the landlord (you know this guy Suadum) got the dates all wrong so he put them in a flat above ours until our flat was vacant. While my girlfriend was moving our stuff out the couple had a fight. From what I heard, the guy (a frenchman I think) stabbed the girl 3 times in the heart (which killed her) and then tried to commit suicide.

Does anybody know anything about this? I'd like some more info.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

See, too many damn farangs in our nice quiet 'hood. No good can come of it, I tell ya. It used to be only a couple and now they're everywhere, causing trouble.

I'll see if I can find out more...but tough remotely. A call to my maid (a long time resident) would be in order tho'.

Cheers,

SD

Frenchman arrested in Thailand after confessing to killing Thai girlfriend

BANGKOK: -- A Frenchman was arrested in Thailand after he confessed to stabbing his Thai girlfriend to death in their Bangkok apartment during a drunken brawl, police said Monday.

Arthur Bordoni, 26, was detained Sunday, said police Lt. Col. Phichet Poonsin.

Bordoni told police that he and his girlfriend, Rosarin Aswapanuwat, 21, got into an argument over her alleged affair with another man, prompting a fight that resulted in his stabbing her to death, Phichet said.

After killing the woman, Bordoni telephoned his mother in France and asked her to contact the French Embassy in Bangkok. He waited in his apartment, which he and his girlfriend had shared for several months, until police arrived, Phichet said.

When police arrived they found that Bordoni had attempted to take his own life by slashing his wrists, Phichet said.

--AP 2006-11-06

Heard today she was a model, and he was a part time model. She maybe from the states (but Thai/look krueng?). Heard he was cheating, she found out and went on a 'date'. He got pissed and in their fighting stabbed her, called his Mum and she called the French embassy. He slit his writs but didn't get serious about it. Cops found him there bleeding and the GF dead.

Just what I heard today.

Cent

Here's the Thai Rath article, with a picture of the bad guy. But no gory pix of the scene as they are usually famous for (too bad LOL).

They have the victim's name as Manita Atwapanuwat, aged 20, a first year Poli-Sci student at Ramkhamhaeng Uni. I think it says that she was a part time model in a bar (a beer girl perhaps?), but I am not sure of the translation of that bit.

It goes on to say that he found incriminating SMSs on her phone, they fought and he slit her throat and stabbed her before trying to slit his own wrists.

He then called his father in France and told him what happened and to call the French embassy to have them contact the local police.

(That's what I think it says anyway -- my written Thai is still not that great).

Cheers,

LT

Well he would've been better off topping himself...cos he isn't going to like the alternatives...

In a nutshell...What a fucking asshole....I hope he gets what he deserves. That poor girl. RIP.

This guy and I believe the same chick used to show up from time to time at BED and was I believe friends with an employee there-She was a very pretty young girl-very sad

Ugly scenario a dead young girl and he is in for a very very bad time. :( asshole

I've seen this guy at Qbar several times but cant picture the girl.

Both of their lives over before they even began to live. Fucking shame.

Archived