Murder in Thong Lor

Chillers

I wonder how you would feel about a homicide-suicide case (in california last week) where the husband kills sickly, feeble, depressed wife and then himself. Both were highly successful and social couple deeply in love in their 50's until recent serious health issues..

What an asshole he was? Agree? Violence under no circumstances! Thank God morality always has two sides and various degrees in between....

CB

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No. You still miss the point.

I respect you as a reasonable and intelligent person, but this is a sociable message board. You've heard it before, sorta like a bar, a friendly place.

A friend of a board member has been murdered ,and you proceed to make this board a court of law, with you presiding.

It's not a court of law. No matter how logically correct you may think you are, just back off for a while, please.

Thanks everyone for your input.

From what my gf tells me the guy claims that she attacked him first with a knife. The dude is saying it was self defense. I find this hard to believe as I think she was violently stabbed multiple times in the upper chest area (once would suffice).

I have been attacked by girlfriends before, in fact I once woke up with a knife to my throat.

The amount of force it takes to repel such an attack is usually minimal. I've never felt in any real danger even though knives have been used. Its my opinion that the guy is just a big bully - and now a killer.

SD - Do you think the landlord is going to return our security deposit?? Now there are "ghosts" in the apartment block no Thais will want to live there and as you know he's notoriously bad at returning money.

Crash - Thanks for the pix, it looks like them its a bit hard to tell. Also, I didn't spend much time looking at the girls face *sigh*. My girlfriend will confirm when she see them tonight.

Why is he the asshole? Do we know enough facts? Were they both drunk? Who initiated the fight? Who brought the knife? Was she screwing around as well as him?

I don't get you, CB. You are here to judge people who call the murderer an asshole, when you yourself were so quick to jump to conclusions in the case of the New Zealand guy that got stabbed to death, remember? According to you he had himself to blame and his gf wasn't an angel either. And now you are arguing that people here are too quick in their judgement? :confused:

I am going to heed to US virgins advice especially i have been blind in that good advice he gave me that a message board is really an extension of a bar stool. Never thought of it in that terms but good advice anyway...

I do put her and the NZ dude in the same boat - victims but self-caused actions that lead to their demise....I just stayed away from name-calling and the typical, knee-jerk reaction of "he will deserved what he gets" mentality (same mentality of people who read one mark karr case and extrapolate that to all those who go to thailand). No difference in the thought process being deployed...

As i recall, we all agreed to various conditions of "if this" and "if that" in that case not knowing the complete facts, what transpired, the history, circumstances, etc - as in this case as well.

As you know i am a Hobbian on human behavior so fortunately we have laws and regulations and hopefully competent and ethical people to interpret and enforce those laws (not always good but generally decent) instead of the emotions of the general public at large....at least in theory anyway. Kind of what makes a civil or semi-civil society!

CB

I just stayed away from name-calling and the typical, knee-jerk reaction of "he will deserved what he gets" mentality (same mentality of people who read one mark karr case and extrapolate that to all those who go to thailand). No difference in the thought process being deployed...

Isn't that exactly what you did in the NZ guy case? Saying that he somehow brought it on to himself? Didn't he deserve what he got, in your opinion? Isn't that a knee-jerk reaction as well?

As you know i am a Hobbian on human behavior so fortunately we have laws and regulations and hopefully competent and ethical people to interpret and enforce those laws

I am not familiar with the term Hobbian. Or is it the same as Hobbesian?

You are correct...

I will re-state my position - he is an asshole and she is a dumb shit for choosing and staying with him as her companion. I guess she could have walked much earlier but given he probably showed no signs(who worked in social services before?)of being the contolling, violent, abusive, jealous type, she was caught completely by surprise and unaware by his violent outburst..

We all know these types never have a history or telling/warning signs until the final unpredictable act of violence. History is always a bad or inaccurate predictor of future behavior...

Maybe the money was too good or he was just too good-looking to leave? Damn human emotions; they always get in way of a presumed good thing...

Tragic case yes but sympathy? Only their friends who knew both of them would be better judges...

So now we've gone from her possibly having attacked him with a knife and therefore he shouldn't be blamed to her, the victim, being a 'dumb shit' because she stayed with him despite domestic abuse which you have made up completely out of your twisted imagination.

Oh and she stayed with him because he is rich.

You are way, way, way off base. Give up the amateur Freud tack and keep your day job.

Crash - Thanks for the pix, it looks like them its a bit hard to tell. Also, I didn't spend much time looking at the girls face *sigh*. My girlfriend will confirm when she see them tonight.

Right after I sent you the message I contacted another friend of ours who called the police to make sure- they confirmed it was them.

Archived