Rumsfeld to Resign

Fidel

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe I am watching too many movies, I always thought the guy who lost his right arm and left leg is in charge. The scretary of defense is just the bloke who is holding the press conferences! So fucking unbelieveable that rummy has to be the sacrificial lamb for the "government" he just did what he was told to do and if you ask me, some people in the "government" are raving that the blue helmets haven't taken over yet and that the US still has a foot or two in the iraqi door! Anyways, the USA has ruined an entire country and it wasnt rummies fault, but he had to go, not that I defend this assmunch, he insulted my country because we have seen through the lies but if Bush wasn't such a fuckhead he would have resigned too! Somehow the midterm elections are also approving or disaproving the work of the president! No?

Pasa,

Exactly. But as we know Daddy was CIA, so Jr picks a CIA guy to take over, rather than a competent ex-General or other military type who can understand what is needed to get the job done. Problem is ... it's all politics, no matter who gets chosen. Party line, toe the line, agree with me all the way, or get lost. It's why Powell is no longer with Bush any more really.

Cent

Yes Bush listened to Rummy and the neocons. But almost the whole congress went along with it.

The interesting thing about Gates is that he is a member of the Baker/Hamilton Commission. He already knows what the so-called new strategy for Iraq is. So does Bush. The trick will be coming up with an exit strategy that looks like victory. People say this isn't another Vietnam but I remember when Johnson fired McNamara because he had the same problem.

Well at present there is no successful exit strategy, i think that's the problem and i can't see there being one. There are towns declaring themselves independant of Iraq and installing sharia law!!! In Iraq!! No soldiers around to challenge this. Not enough manpower to stop it. The extremists know they are going to win, they just have to wait it out...this whole thing is on a par with Vietnam, maybe not as big or as bad, but it's up there as one of the biggest mistakes made by an American president in history.

Good luck to the Dems, but really...damage done....it's a damage limitation exercise now and i think even that is going to be mind bogglingly difficult to achieve.

Archived