Rumsfeld to Resign

Fidel

If you break it you bought it.

Iraq is now a huge pile of 'broken pottery shards' that MUST be put back together in some fashion before the US can leave.

US / Bush / Rummy / neocons .. have created a terrible situation .. that does not have a solution that 'I know of' ..

leaving the broken pile of shards in a pile is not a plan

.. especially in THAT region of energy dominance.

best solution I see is putting Sodomy Insane, or some one like him back in charge ..

Rummy has parroted the neocon mantra of dominance through military might.

The neocon policy / agenda is based in aggressive use of the military for world dominance & has proven to be a failed policy.

Rummy, for political reasons, has opposed a renewal of the draft ..

this debacle requires the draft .. we need more bodies.

If not for Iraq's, Iran's & Saudi's oil we could more easily leave.

& leaving is 'cutting & running' .. or more accurately 'breaking & running'

.. or avoiding responsibility for what WE did .. .. we f'ed it up .. we totally destroyed a society ..

.. we broke it into a million pieces .. we are morally obligated to assist in the repair.

.. we are financially required to put it back together.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was the weirdest strategy ever by the GOP. I would bet that if they sacked Rummy last week, they would have held on to power.

I do not get it, but thanks for that Chimpy, At least you have done one thing right. The proposed SecDef looks to be OK too.

Cheers,

LT

Well, since Michigan is at 7.5% jobless, and all the manufacturing jobs are being outsourced on their watch, there is no love at all for the GOP. The Dem incumbent gov just spanked the GOP wonderboy Dick DeVos (more money than God [owns Amway] and a well connected GOPer who spent $35M on this race) by 13+ points and the Dems picked up the MI House as well. Our US House rep won by 15 points. The people were smart enough to see through the state GOP tactic of running on tax cuts to bring more jobs -- they know that does not work. http://detroitnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061108/POLITICS01/611080437

Even my diehard GOP friends have either come over totally to the Dems or at least voted any incumbent GOPer out by voting for third party or write-in candidates.

In my neighborhood, a *very* blue blood, big old money and WASP-y part of town, the campaign signs were 50-50 Dem/GOP. Pretty much unheard of in the past.

EDIT: In short, unlike the rest of the country, it was all about jobs here. People are pissed off at the war, but even moreso about the (percieved or not) wholesale sell-off of the US manufacturing base to China. Most agree that Detroit is worse off (financially & mentally) now than the last big crisis in the late 70s-early 80s. I tend to agree, even tho I was just getting out of HS back then and don't really know. But the oldsters are saying that this is so...

Cheers,

LT

That was the weirdest strategy ever by the GOP. I would bet that if they sacked Rummy last week, they would have held on to power.

I do not get it, but thanks for that Chimpy, At least you have done one thing right. The proposed SecDef looks to be OK too.

Cheers,

LT

Last week Bush just said 'shrug it off'. The necon mantra have been to bully their way through, make your weakness your strength, never give up, never say die.

They have come good in the last few days of election before and Rove thought he had done it again.

Who cares what the sheep votes think?

Well now the Democrats call the shots, so lets get rid of Rummy before they do. Make it seem like we are in charge.

Archived