Dutch to Ban Muslim Veils

preahko

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

question........

how do these Women qualify for a passport?.

in the UK i have to have to produce a Photo with nothing obscouring my face,like a hat.

we are not even allowed to smile anymore.

so,if British Muslim Woman wants a passport then surely she must show her face?.

and what happens at the Airport if she refuses to reveal her face when asked at passport control?

question........

how do these Women qualify for a passport?.

in the UK i have to have to produce a Photo with nothing obscouring my face,like a hat.

we are not even allowed to smile anymore.

so,if British Muslim Woman wants a passport then surely she must show her face?.

and what happens at the Airport if she refuses to reveal her face when asked at passport control?

I can answer that question:

Danish reporter dressed up in a burka, booked a flight and went through immigration in both CPH and LHR without showing her face! :banghead:

http://www.bt.dk/nyheder/artikel:aid=476768/

cheers

hn

I find that discussion very good and I am happy the dutch starting with it!

Muslims wanna live in one of our countries then they have to do thair part to integrate themselves and not the other way around. Don't like it - don't come!

Let's not forget that wearing a Burka is highly discriminating for a woman from the western point if view.

They wnna live here then they should comply to our rules, as we have to do if we would live in their country. We don't cry about it, we don't bitch, they do! Long stroy short, if they doesn't like it they don't have to come or can leave the country. I think every western country has been nice and tolerant towards all these religions, ethnics, cultures, different cultural influences are great, but everybody should be able to recognize each other on the street!

Way to go Holland

Question from an American who knows nothing of dutch culture, etc.

Could this law have been passed if the van Gogh killing didn't happen? Or on a larger scale, 911, and the Madrid and London bombings?

Not a dig at the law. I know that in this country we make laws based on incidents sometimes.

Interesting question CS. I don't know about Dutch law but most laws can be interpreted to meet certain situations. A good example is the law against 'disturbing the peace'.

It's not so much 911 connected I think. It's probably an attempt to head off a backlash against muslims. It's obvious that lots of Europeans think that the limits of tolerance have been tested enough and something needed to be done to draw the line.

It's more of a gesture than anything because I've heard there are only a couple hundred muslim women wearing burqas in the country.

I doubt if many muslims are too bothered by the ban. Of course if they extend the ban to head coverings, as some would like, things could change fast.

Archived