Where to buy stun gun?

Orangutan

Also bear in mind that if you hurt a Thai you'll have trouble convincing the BIB that it was his own fault. To say nothing of his twenty friends and male relatives waiting for you outside the police station.

and when his friends take it away from you, you'll learn some "innovative" ways to use it

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can find a large array of guns/selfdefense store about 2-4 blocks west of Thieves Market in China Town.

The problem with a stun gun is the same problem you have with any weapon.... and that is what would you do if the weapon is used on you?

Many people claim they will kick the shit out of bad people but when it comes down to it, the bad people, in many cases, take away the weapons that were intended for them, and use them on their victim.

Along Suk 7-9 is a dealer that sells some of that shit. One of my friends bought a stun gun from one of them. He was so proud of himself until I asked him to produce the weapon as if his life depended on it. Shit, he could not find it in his bag!

If you are looking for something for self defense, the best defense is not to put your self in a position were you need to protect yourself.

You should check Thai law on carrying weapons. You could end up in neck depth of shit. Not to good and it really smells like shit!

Very good advice BT, keep out of trouble and it rarely finds you in Thailand in my experience. I've never once felt threatened in Asia, and I've been to most countries in this region, often wandering around alone at night in the wee small hours wondering where all the taxis have gone and WTF I did with the hotel card anyway. Mind you I don't call this safe but it's not confrontational either.

Also have never had any trouble, or been threatened in 3 yrs. of living in BKK. However I would like something in the house in case a stranger shows up inside the premises. I want to protect the wife and myself. I don't want to shoot anyone, although it 's probably justified if someone is inside your home.

I agree that a stun is not the easiest weapon to use as noted above. I would prefer not getting that close to the person attacking me. Now I am leaning toward a can of mace? And maybe a pair of handcuffs for after he's down.

I'm getting to worked up, I have to lie down and rest now.

-OT

You mention house....

ummm.... what we did is put bar grates on the windows and added to the front and back door a grated door that can be locked from the inside. This should provide us with all the protection we need. We also have a 6' foor perimeter wall and a sliding gate (lockable) out in front.

When we plan living there year round, we will have for company at least one dog.

Having a stun gun saved me from a couple of beat downs and a robbery, though I didn't have to use it. They saw me go into my pocket and might have assumed it was a gun. They left me alone.

It went off in my pocket, once. They hurt.

Make sure you have a fresh strong battery, at all times.

They are illegal in Thailand and you could probably be arrested for possesion of it.

Not cheap in Thailand, either. Better to bring it with you, if you must have one.

You might be better off hiring a bodyguard to follow you around. Go to a kickboxing gym and hire a musclehead.

pretty good idea to possess an illegal weapon in Thailand! Having one at home doesn't mean you hit the intruder, someone is at your home and you have time to react then run for christ sake and don't play Rambo, you never know how many they are and how professional they are, most thieves dont intend to hurt, most don't even come when someone is inside. Those who don't care are either desperate or take you out before you can pull the trigger with your shaking hands! If you wanna protect something then the people you love and yourself!

Brainless bullshit to buy a weapon and actually walk around with it! How stupid one must be. You don't get into trouble when you don't make trouble! And if you get beaten up your bruises will heal. You tazer a guy who was approaching you, you can be sure to be dead on the next day if not minutes later. I don't want people to run around with weapons in their pockets, neither tourists, thais nor expats. Stay out of trouble that is the best protection! If I'd knew a frabg carries a weapon I would report him without hesitation.

CT,

Haven't been schooled like that since being sent to the Dean of Boys office for cutting class in high school.

Think I'll go ahead and get the cattle prod I saw in Renu Nakhom this weekend:

The Hot Shot HS36 Cattle Prod features:

"Best" or Premium Hot-Shot

Circuitry Type: Sealed, Transistorized

9,000 volt prod

High-power, big spark

Effective with most types of livestock

Unique safety clip - prevents accidental shocks

Uses six size "C" batteries (High amperage alkaline)

Overall length 36" Shaft measures 24"

Later - OT

CT,

Haven't been schooled like that since being sent to the Dean of Boys office for cutting class in high school.

BTW, I wasn't implying that YOU personally were drunken and/or short-tempered...I was speaking, as I think Christian Troy was, about the general inadvisability of any farang carrying a weapon in Thailand, by pointing to the worse-case scenario...

preahko

Archived