Where to buy stun gun?

Orangutan

If you don't approve of what someone is doing' date=' be a man and tell him face to face. [/quote']

haha, this is really funny considering it's coming from someone acting tough on an internet discussion forum. right..."face to face".

The implications of some jerk going to the Thai cops and reporting a violation is huge. Prison and blacklist and who knows what ese.

um, I think you got that wrong...the "implications of some jerk breaking the law in a country so ready to lock up farangs who break the law" are what's huge!

That guy might get off and come looking for you.

oh, jesus christ, grow up, we're not in middle school on the playground anymore...

preahko

If someone breaks the law in a foreign country, esp. Thailand, he has to face the consequences if caught. It dosen't seem right for a fellow foreignor to inform on him.

If some crazy nut is running around, with a stun gun he's going to become a guest of The Kingdom on his own. As he should be.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[color:red]

"If someone breaks the law in a foreign country, esp. Thailand, he has to face the consequences if caught. It dosen't seem right for a fellow foreignor to inform on him.

If some crazy nut is running around, with a stun gun he's going to become a guest of The Kingdom on his own. As he should be."

[/color]

I agree with you on this one.

But in the heat of the argument, I think some of the obvious points are being overlooked. For example:

I have a friend who did buy a stun gun. I asked him to pretend he is being attacked and to pull out the stun gun. He couldn't find the damn thing!

[color:blue]What can you learn fom this? [/color]Having a weapon is one thing but most people do not practice so as to be able to use it when the time comes. In his case, the stun gun could have easily end up in the hands of the perps and they could easily have used it on his balls and anybody elses balls they come in contact with.

Should I turn him in? Fuck no! If I see a farang with a lady boy, I don't tell the farang he is with a ladyboy. It is easy to get caught up in what is going on and get involved, but I don't like sticking my neck out and I prefer minding my own business. A good example of what can happen can be found with the Nonstickman VS Stickman feud.

As far as weapons in Thailand, prevention is by far a lot better. When 4 Thai men surrounded me and tried robbing me, a stun gun would not have helped me one bit. They had machetes and there was no time to look for a stun gun. NONE. What helped me was the boiling hot cup of coffee I had in my hand.

Now back to the main issue, the OP needed a stun gun for home usage. Before getting a stun gun, have you

(1)installed a dead bolt on your door?

(2) installed iron grids on windows?

(3) instaled secondary door with iron grids on doors?

(4)installed front sliding gate and keep it locked?

(5)installed perimeter fence - 6 feet tall or higher?

If you can answer YES to all of these passive security measures, have you also installed an alarm system?

The above items will give you real peace of mind. A stun gun, trust me, will only give you a false sense of security. Install the items I mentioned and then see if you still want a stun gun.

Bangkoktraveler,

I remember when you posted about the hot cup of coffee...good on you.

You're right, my original inquiry was regarding a stun gun for my home (apartment). Wasn't really thinking about carrying it since I've never had any trouble here. I do have bars on the windows, no gate on my front door, or the door that opens onto my 2nd floor balcony. There are two security gates to the building. I feel safe here and my close friends live in 4 of the 6 apartments here. I may at some point add metal gates to both doors but don't feel the need right now.

Never thought that my post would end up in an argument. But when people start preaching, and making assumptions about people they donâ??t know, that's what happens.

BTW Flashermac I was Special Forces 30 years ago and did a lot of shooting. I would not hesitate to pull the trigger on someone who broke into my home.

Let's move on.

Best personal regards - OT

Informing cops about simple things is wrong.

It isn't a simple thing to break the law and carry a weapon. It could bring you Jail Time. How is that a simple thing. A weapon is a weapon and the more people don't carry one the safer is the place where my friends, my employees and myself live!

It could be safer for you as well, if you are comitted to use a weapon when you are attacked it could cause a chain reaction with a very disturbing outcome!

Anyways, whatever you said in this post sounded pretty strong and offensive, I am just playing by the book, you puke out threats and imply I am a rat, accuse me of not having the balls saying to your face. I thought you wanted me to say it face to face! But it seems you rather play the strong man behind the keyboard. I just wanted to have a beer with you and tell you my perspective and experience with self defence weapons, you don't have to be worried, I am a peace loving guy!

Mixing threads is usually not a thing I do, I handle things thread by thread, in this case i thought it was worth to mention it because it was the total opposite. I don't need a log to remember the funny things you said in the Pattaya forum!

BTW Flashermac I was Special Forces 30 years ago and did a lot of shooting. I would not hesitate to pull the trigger on someone who broke into my home.

That is a pretty important part of information you have missed to tell us! :) You might be cool enough and comitted enough to shoot first!

The argument is not about you, it is things like that

Having a stun gun saved me from a couple of beat downs and a robbery, though I didn't have to use it. They saw me go into my pocket and might have assumed it was a gun. They left me alone....

It went off in my pocket, once. They hurt....

and afterwards he is claiming he is not carrying it with him. It just doesnt make any sense and one of the things he said must be a lie.

Anyways, I let exit2dos have the last word about it and let that one go, except he wants to meet me for a beer!

The argument is not about you, it is things like that

Having a stun gun saved me from a couple of beat downs and a robbery, though I didn't have to use it. They saw me go into my pocket and might have assumed it was a gun. They left me alone....

It went off in my pocket, once. They hurt....

You took this statement out of context. That was 15 years ago, in the Bronx.

..."and afterwards he is claiming he is not carrying it with him. It just doesnt make any sense and one of the things he said must be a lie."

"Anyways, I let exit2dos have the last word about it and let that one go, except he wants to meet me for a beer!

Somehow, I don't believe you'd walk into the police station, on Beach Road, and tell the cop, "I want to report a Falang who has a stun gun."

When we have the beer, I'm sure none of this negative crap will be rehashed.

you have the last word i dont rebuttle, you could have said it happenend 15 years ago, ho could I possibly know! If we had a beer of course I wont turn you in, that would be low! All cool now for me, you missed to give important informations, doN't blame for not seeing the context when you missed the tell the most important part.

I let it go now! cheers!

ps

not pointed to you! If I knew a farang has a weapon, I wouldnT have to walk into a police station. Bar owners have a cell phone number they can call ;)(we pay a lot for protection) I would do it, if you where a guest or a guy on WS and I would see your weapon! It is in my interest that nothing bad happens on WS, to my girls or to myself! Mayb you find a place in your heart to understand that somewhere!

Like I said, a big misunderstanding and this whole thing doesnt apply to you since it is 15 years ago!

Archived