Moneybookers

buffalo_bill

Gentlemen ,

just my transfer-expenses for sending cash to Siam are enough to keep an Isaan major tribe alive I think . Just torturing my brain again for alternatives apart from WU I come across an institution called Moneybookers . Is this unit based in Nigeria ? Transfer costs almost nothing , needs registration by email and such . Are there any of the esteemed gentlemen aware of this breathtaking possibility? If so , please enlighten me .

BuBi

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you are german, right?

get yourself a bank account on the postbank, they are the cheapest for intarnational bank transfers.

maybe 5 euros per transfer or something like that.

is allway a high topic on the german boards, may you do a little search over there for more detailed instruction.

gruss

moneybookers is good though, it is very good for online payments, not sure if you can cash the money just like that but I know people who pull their money with a visa electron card. The fees are pretty low compared to other services!

Postbank is a good idea if things go smooth, you need individual help you won't get any, just advices how to do what everyone else does!

I have done numerous bank transfers to Siam over the last 9 years or so , all of them business related .the experience is that 90 % arrive smoothly at the beneficiary , but if something goes wrong you are in deep shit . I do not like that kind of chaos . With somebody like the Postbank you will in that case arrive at pure horror because they are an economy outfit without service .

A bank does not work anyway in this particular Isaan-case because for the moment we need some flexibility .

I will look deeper into the moneybookers system , transfer costs are close to zero :grin: and processing time fractions of a second as I have heard . Dying buffaloes , broken legs , TV down :speed is everything .

BuBi

Moneybookers are based in the UK and have a number of sites in other countries including Russia.

I have used them for almost 2 years and find them excellent. To transfer amounts of money to Thailand costs 3.50 euro and you get the exchange rate offered by the bank you transfer too on the day.

I have a bank account with Siam Coomercial Bank registered with Moneybookers and my home account also. I can transfer money when I like with my computer. It takes about 4-5 working days to reach my moneybookers account and then about 2 days to reach my Thai Bank account.

Works everytime with no problems :)

antbears ,

sounds good . what do you mean by " takes me 5 days to reach my moneybookers account and two days to reach my .... " . The 2 days might be processing time from UK account to Thai account but what about the first 5 days ? Could the account at the Thai end be registered in anybody's name or must be yours ?

Thanks in advance .

BuBi

I have done numerous bank transfers to Siam over the last 9 years or so , all of them business related .the experience is that 90 % arrive smoothly at the beneficiary , but if something goes wrong you are in deep shit .

10% sounds like a huge percentage when it comes to issues with bank transfer failures! care to elaborate?

It means that 1 out of 10 transfers did not arrive within a week and cannot be located within the next one . The typical result after inquiring through my German bank was that the Thai end reported the money had withdrawn in cash which was BS . I set up an account for my Ex-Ultralongtimegirlfriend to ease the process of finding it because she was able to do something about it locally in her own name .

BuBi

Hmmmm...this looks too good to be true.

If one uses a credit card to fund the transfer, then the credit card company will impose a cash advance fee - something like 2%, up to some limit. Then at the receiving end, the fee to receive money is another 2%. This could add up.

Has anybody had any experience with actually using this service?

Archived