Moneybookers

buffalo_bill

Bubi

wouldn't a Visa Electron Card with online access do the job? German card at Sparkasse for example, transfer costs 0% + having a bit control over the spendings? With her ID card she can just go to any bank counter and pick up the amount she wants (if available)

Sounds good?

3% transaction costs for CC Transactions! Affordable, controllable and handy!

Admit it you havent thought of that and you want to buy me a Kassler mit Bratkartoffeln as we speak???? :p

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Khun Troy ,

although principally I do not trust any Germans living in Pattaya I must admit that you might have earned your Kassler with Bartkartoffeln . Currently I am trying to find out how this exactly works but it should be the way to go . I have duely updated Nok and she says going to the local bank and withdrawing money at her heart's content is more or less what she has been dreaming of longlong time.She says I am on a good way and she loves me .

BuBi

BuBi,

The money moves from my bank account to a holding account with moneybookers...this takes 4 to 5 working days. I had to set up this initially when I registered. You then have to register any bank/bank accounts you want to transfer money to from your money bookers account.

As long as the account and bank is bone fide then theres no problem, so yes you can arrange to transfer to another persons account.

Once my money arrives in my moneybookers account, I can then transfer it to an account in Thailand.

The best bet is to log on to www.moneybookers.com and register, it doesn't cost anything.

Antbears.

Bubi,

I thin Sparkasse doesn't offer Visa Electron but I know that Postbank does, the handling is very easy and the money is on the card in real time (if you wire from a postbank konto)

I havent had a Kassler in 3 years, I am really looking forward to this! :)

I am glad you are on the right way, she loved you before because we germans are considered jai dee!

We don't tell our girls "I live on an island" and later it turns out they where talking about England! These are the real scammers here ;)

Viel Glueck!

Bubi,

We don't tell our girls "I live on an island" and later it turns out they where talking about England! These are the real scammers here ;)

Lol!! Such an island indeed.

Bubi or anyone have you ever lost money you wired to Thailand ? companies routinely TT large amounts in the country so it must be a rather safe way, but I guess if it reaches the wrong account it's all very bad.

Khun Antbear ,

Khun Troy ,

thank you for your input . I start to understand both systems working with the principle of releasing money which you have to put into their account before transfer. they are not operating on the credit card principle , only prepaid . fine .I do further understand that both systems can be handled from your desk at home which is what I am really after . I am fed up with waiting in a queue of Russian hookers here at the airport Western Union office .

What I do not understand so far :

Moneybookers , after instructed to pay , they contact the beneficiary by email and then what ? How can Miss Nok cash in ?

Visa Electron , after instructed to pay , do what ? see above .

Entire thanks again .

BuBi

Lucky they xfrd it back to you!

I was provided the wrong info and I xfrd $$$ to Malaysia and it got "stuck".

I went to the bank on the USA side, Citibank, and they informed me that the receiving bank does not have to give the $$$ back...which had me a little worried.

It finally got worked out, but a lot of stress! :mad:

Visa electron is easy to understand Herr Bubi!

A standard account has a credit limit of EUR 2000,-

You wan to give Nok more than that you simply upload more money from your account! (2000 should be more than enough)you can reduce the limit to "was immer Du willst"

Visa Electron books every 15th of a month that means that Miss Nok has on every 15th the default money you want to give her available on her shiny card. If the buffalloe becomes sick you can upload in real time and inform Miss Nok that the vetrenairy money is available now.

No email needed. Visa Electron is a prepaid service with a limited spending limit. You upload 6 gazillion Baht she will be able to withdraw it, you upload nothing she will only have what you inititally agreed on! It IS perfect! trust the CT guy for once! You are not happy I buy you a Weizenbier which is kinda rare here!

Man Yeorman ,

I hope you have nothing better to do than answering my silly questions . Do I read from your valuable information that my lovely Nok would then simply need a Visa Electron card to withdraw the cash from even the most hidden ATM - unit in Isaan ? I did of course try to assemble all this information from various websites but without succes .

BuBi

Archived