friday police swoop at cowboy

keith doug

Last night, a few minutes before midnight, I saw two police cars, with red lights and sirens working, turn into Sukhumvit 22.

I was not close enough to see where they stopped, but Titanium go-go, is in 22.

That's just my guess, with the midnight time, I wonder if any connection to the swoop at Cowboy.

Last time I was in there, Totainium was not a gogo. Has somethiong changed?]

Yeah, apparently the bar's name.

I'm sorry. I couldn't resist. I really couldn't.

It's a good sign that I need to get out more when I start to criticize others' spelling. :)

:) And the Last time I was there, Titainium was not a gogo either :) As for my choice of spelling, I went to public school in San Francisco, you are lucky it is in English. :)

So, the question for me is, are we experiencing a minor crackdown? Nana and now SC...and why is this happening now? Surely police raids will have an impact on tourism?? Or is this more posturing?? Anybody seen any news on the result of this raid?

Isn't Soi 22 the place where lots of Japanese bars are? Are they also getting grief or is it the western hang outs only????

unlicensed gogobars in Soi Cowboy??

hidden illegal operating bars?

unknown den of vices?

the reasons might be very simple.

Checking for underaged girls or wanted criminals or farangs who are working or unofficially owning the bar without permission!

In june the pty police kicked a lot of farang asses, managers, owners etc first went to jail and go then deported because they didn't have permission! Somehow they only checked beer bars from Soi 4 to Soi 2 and somehow everybody who got arrested was german! :)

unlicensed gogobars in Soi Cowboy??

hidden illegal operating bars?

unknown den of vices?

the reasons might be very simple.

Checking for underaged girls or wanted criminals or farangs who are working or unofficially owning the bar without permission!

In june the pty police kicked a lot of farang asses' date=' managers, owners etc first went to jail and go then deported because they didn't have permission! Somehow they only checked beer bars from Soi 4 to Soi 2 and somehow everybody who got arrested was german! :)

[/quote']

hmm, if they were checking for underaged girls at cowboy, they must have gone away with some carfuls...!!

preahko

Friday night has the been the Boys' in Brown favorite night out for the easy money for quite some time now. That's why I avoid going out on Fridays. It's so much fun to be a paid-up cop in Bkk. You can join your buddies, have some free drinks, get the protection money, and all the time you are nowhere near Pattani, Yala or Narathiwat provinces, where you could get killed.

Archived