friday police swoop at cowboy

keith doug

Think you will find that the plod were there to round up the pimps and gigolo's, there is a small upstairs bar on the right if you walk in from soi 23, about halfway down. Two other bars have upstairs rooms packed out with Thai husbands and boyfriends.

The new regime have decided that Thai men living off Thai girls causes a huge loss of Thai face (for the upper-classes, old money class) and the practice is being closed down over the next month or so.

Expect mass suicide of the b-girls if they can not see their Thai men on a daily basis... which will leave a dozen or so honest b-girls!

Deadbeat Thai men or "mangda" :doah: living off Thai hookers?? Loss of face? Sounds like business as usual and no concern of the boys in brown. Isaan tarts and the whiteys are just good for a handout to them.... nothing more..

Unless you are trying to imply the BiB are going to start the real clean up, which I would assume would be inaugurated by Apirak just pouring a vat of betadine on Sukhumvit and starting over???

Unless you've been living under a rock for years-on-end you are aware the pimps will stay, and boyfriends will continue to shag her as a nightcap. If you don't believe that or think a police raid is about face not money then all I can say is... อะ�ร �ะ

Cheers,

theNumbers

bbull, that's an interesting take on the police situation on Cowboy. I hope you are right. I remember about 10 years ago in Nana Plaza, when the top floor right side was a large snooker parlor, where the free-loading Thai boyfriends and mangdar ("snooker scum", to my non-sporting friend) hung out, waiting for the bars to close. Then they could either go home, waiting for the farang's money to be handed over by the girl in the morning; or take the girl home on the back of the motorbike and rough her up or fuck the shit out of her for not getting the expected money that evening.

My eventual realization that most or all of the money I paid my lovely short-time cutie of the evening would very soon end up in the grubby hands of the Thai "boyfriends" was, and is, a major reason why I rarely contribute to this dubious cause anymore.

Deadbeat Thai men or "mangda" living off Thai hookers?? Loss of face? Sounds like business as usual and no concern of the boys in brown. Isaan tarts and the whiteys are just good for a handout to them.... nothing more..

This idea that the crackdown is aimed at mangda living off of BGs is an interesting theory, but I'd need to see more evidence. But I don't need any evidence that most BGs support Thai guys and most of those guys are essentially parasites. This pretty much a given.

What amazes me is the number of Farangs that support BGs (uh, or rather support the Thai boyfriends of BGs) with remittances from abroad.

On the police sweep in Soi Cowboy, there does seem to be more police action, but it seems different than the social order crackdowns we saw a few years back. Even the sweep of NEP I reported awhile back was different. There has been a great deal of press lately about underaged BGs; I wonder if that is what this is all about?

Not sure I understand, but why would the cops give a rat's ass about the Thai guys living off/with these girls? Unless of course they were criminals or something...or they hated the competition...? Frankly, I don't see them jepordizing their "tea money" on these guys. I would think something bigger is in the picture.

Last week at SC the music stopped and the DJ announced the police had arrived and will check passports. "It will take 10 or 15 minutes only." Yeah right.

I thought I was in for a long night since i did not have my passport. Suzi Wong's was packed and everyone stayed put. I paid my check quick and walked straight out of the bar, passed several police who were walking toward suzie wong's and jumped in a taxi on asoke. Nobody tried to stop me.

Will now take seriously the warnings about needing your passport. Still, have never been asked for my passport in the los outside of hotel check ins.

Me too, never carried it in all the time i've been here...

I dunno what the authorities are playing at...closing bars, checking passports..you'd think they wanted less tourists...

Sounds like the usual turf wars between police districts. (different police feifdoms for Soi Cowboy and NEP) They're always doing this crap from time to time, usually due to late bribes, girls not putting out for the flatfoots, etc. The politics of the LOS. I never take my passport, but I fold up my DL in a pice of hotel stationary with the logo. In any event, a quick, discreet exit is the best route. Keep your wits about you at all times when your out and watch for signs of cops....usually the girls suddenly go on high alert and scatter. cheers

Archived