school age?

chuck6660

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My daughter will be 5 next month and she is anuban 2.

She is going to a Sarasas school and last year she had to be tested so she could enroll.

She is on the bilingual program and she not only can write her name in English and Thai but she knows a lot more words in English (and uses them too) than her older sister that has been â??learningâ? English on a public school for 6 years now.

She also can read and write the entire Thai alphabet and she can read (by spelling) many English words.

So starting early does help.

But as far as I am concerned the best thing about starting early and particular about going to a Sarasas school, is the â??social environmentâ? and the books she using.

But that is another subject that could get me in trouble with the some of the members.

We started our three year old son in a private, bilingual school this year. Some parents in our development started their kids at two; but, I thought this was too young. Our son loves it; and, it gives us a break (time for sex in the am when I like it best). So far he loves it; and, he has adjusted well. He's picked up each day just after 7am, and get's dropped off at home at about 4pm ... we pay extra for him to attend an extra class in English from monday through thursday. They have a Sports' Day on tuesdays, and swimming instruction on fridays. I've seen definite growth over this year; and, we're happy with the results. At school, they say he's very well behaved ... at home, well ... that's something we're still working on.

He's learned the alphabet in Thai and in English. He can sing the Thai National Anthem; and, he can count to twenty in English and Thai. Also, he's made a couple of decent friendships. All in all it's been a worthwhile experience, and I'm glad we started him at three.

Archived