school age?

chuck6660

looking for a little information from some of you veteran "family men." The kid is turning 3 soon, my wife is already talking about school, I tell he is too young, she says " thai children go to school at 3 and 1/2 years old :confused: She is concerned that he will fall behind and if he goes to school in another country, the Thai schools won't accept him.

My thoughts are: kids go to school at age 5, and if he goes to school out of country for a year or two the schools will still take him, probably he will even be ahead of his classmates later on. Bottom line $$$ talks.

Looking for any info or words of wisdom others may have regarding school for young kids.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 'anuban' 1, 2 and 3 has been around for a long time. Even the temple schools have this. While it may seem a tender age to put them in school, it helps them with adjusting to life outside the family, and as Fmac has implied, it is a boon to us working parents.

Depending on the school, most teach them basic stuff like how to button a shirt, use the toilet and basic ettiquete and at the same time functioning as a daycare place. Not all of us can afford full-time maids. Some of the better ones, though, do go overboard - there was one in Bangkok where they were teaching the kids how to spell in English in anuban 2!!

My kid beggedd to go to school, so age 20 months, of she went. Now she has holidays coming and is begging us that during her holidays can she go to Thai school, so she can learn better thai.

Some kids like it some don't. One thing though, my parents put everyone into scchool a year early. That way at some age everyone of us kids had a year off school while my parents tavelled somewhere new and exotic. This way kids saw things many don't, but wheren't handicapped

DOG

DOG

Archived