Newsflash: U.S. Is On The Decline

Steve

Each of the bill of rights has been eroded. The only one that has not been watered down is the 3rd Amendment.

???

"3rd Amendment

"No soldier shall, in time of peace, be quartered in any house, without the consent of the owner; nor in time of war, but in a manner to be prescribed by law."

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you Yanks.....oops,sorry Americans have been on the slide since 1776....... :grinyes:

if you had let the English continue to govern then you would still be spelling properly and not having a dominant language of Spanish in certain areas.

and OH would have no trouble visiting bathhouses as nothing untoward would have happened under English rule.

after all no English Person has ever been gay....... :applause:

<< if you had let the English continue to govern then you would still be spelling properly and not having a dominant language of Spanish in certain areas. >>

The English settled and ruled Oz long after the Americans became revolting, and look at ND's spelling. For that matter, look at Canadians' spelling. Except for a few words like "colour", they spell same same the Yanks.

And instead of Spanish speaking areas, I suppose we'd have fun places like Bradford -- where Hindi and Urdu prevail.

:dunno:

What would happen if the colonists had lost the war? Eventually America would become independent (and probably part of the commonwealth) but I suspect that england would have held on to us with a bit more determination for economic reasons: cotton in the south, discovery of coal and gold, etc.

We'd also probably end up a football (soccer) since the sport would have taken hold being part of the commonwealth like oz and canada. Slavery would have ended earlier probably, England would have a bigger army with us being part of the commonwealth, probably hung on to the empire a bit longer. Who knows.

Most likely, the 13 revolting colonies would have grown into a North American commonwealth, though perhaps not expanding beyond the Mississippi River. English speaking Canada might be limited to the eastern provinces, with Quebec expanding westward. Also, slavery would have been abolished peacefully in the 1840s, when the UK did so. I'd expect the population to be a lot smaller, since many continental Europeans might have been more reluctant to move to a British North American than to an independent United States.

:dunno:

Bangkoktraveler said:

Also take into consideration that the US is a 'democracy' (actually Republic). The people, according to polls, do not want to be involved in a war in Iraq (democracy should rule) but the ones in power say the war continues (the powers given to the Republic).

The problem is that our public and politicians are fickle. I was against the Iraq war from the get-go, but the majority was not. We created this mess, and I don't believe you get to change your mind and leave without cleaning it up.

Ironically, I could point you to some posts on another Thai whoremonger board where people predicted exactly where we are today, long before the invasion occurred (Frasher knows what I'm talking about). Thai whoremongers must not be underestimated! They're a lot smarter than Bush.

Although I admit that's not saying much. :)

Nightprobe is the one where Pierre Trudeau buries Margaret and her lover alive in a car. Dirk Pitt also gets the best of James Bond.

That was back before Cussler started getting goofy and created missing kids to take over as heroes. (Their mother just sort of happened to survive a nuclear attack and delivered his twins, conveniently snuffing it before they found their daddy.)

Archived