Newsflash: U.S. Is On The Decline

Steve

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

US could stay on top, but the way they treat their own people, is in of itself grounds to go down in disgrace.

Government in the US is a disgrace. It is one thing to go to 2 different wars, but it is another thing trying to justify either war. The second war has made the US folly in the eyes of most of the World, let alone the account of no accountabiity for such wrong actions. A blow job is ground to be impeached but starting a war for the fun of it is okay?

Pick almost any area of concern and it looks like the Keystone cops are in charge. Immigration, Health care, medicare, crime, drugs, etc. seem to under the control by people who should be locked up in mental institutions but are instead given carte blanche rule of the land.

Okay, you are right. Lying under oath is grounds for impeachment but what about starting the war in Iraq?

Also take into consideration that the US is a 'democracy' (actually Republic). The people, according to polls, do not want to be involved in a war in Iraq (democracy should rule) but the ones in power say the war continues (the powers given to the Republic).

Also in Iraq, they have 'democracy'. Their polls say they want the US out. Their democracy does not rule the land either just as democracy really does not rule the land in the US.

But like I originally said, the US does have the potential to be number one, but there are too many signs to indicate that the US is losing its throne on the world scene.

On December 15, 1791 (exactly 215 years ago) the Bill of Rights was ratified. The 5th Amendment states [color:red]"nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself" [/color]is something that should be pondered upon.

Each of the bill of rights has been eroded. The only one that has not been watered down is the 3rd Amendment.

True Democracy doesn't rule anywhere or nothing would get done.

Polls are full of **** :) It depends which group you decide to poll. It'd also be interesting where you found out that they want the US out (by your words it should mean atleast 51% of them want them out now since they have 'democracy' and that should be majority opinion).

Quick poll check, this is one year ago (if you want more up-to-date poll you can go find it) =>

Specifically, 26 percent of Iraqis say U.S. and other coalition forces should "leave now" and another 19 percent say they should go after the government chosen in this week's election takes office; that adds to 45 percent. Roughly the other half says coalition forces should remain until security is restored (31 percent), until Iraqi security forces can operate independently (16 percent), or longer (5 percent).

http://abcnews.go.com/International/PollVault/story?id=1389228

Of course statistics can be skewed however you want them to be viewed so it's better not to pull figures out of ones rear area.

I gree with you, Democracy is something that is not workable nor really attainable.

But what I can not stand is when this administration continuess to proclaim they are promoting democracy in Afghanastan and Iraq while at the same time eroding civil liberties in the US. We fought a war called the COLD WAR. That war was to put a stop to certain nasties in which the communist countries were doing. After that war was over, the US began adapting some of the same philosphies that were offensive to us during the COLD WAR.

I think what the US needs is that every citizen should be taught citizenship. It should be mandatory. If this was done, I think the US would be a better place which would in turn make the world a better place.

On and after September 11, 2001 when the US received an unbelievable attack, the leaders of my country should have first made sure the country was safe before taking out revenge.

Over six years later, both US borders are a laughing joke on the world scene. Millions of people enter the country every year without passports, etc. because there is nobody to stop them. Along with the illegals are tons of drugs which enter the country without hardly any hindrance. If illegals can get into the country and drugs can get into the country, I would suspect terrorist can also. This should have been the governments primary objective/goal.... that of protecting the people so this could never again happen.

We could have been united as a country, but right now I fear that the country will once more experience the social unrests that were experienced in the 60's and 70's.

Archived