Newsflash: U.S. Is On The Decline

Steve

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am not sure what better citizenship means and how does making the US population better citizens make the world a better place?

I tried to make the that argument in another thread (the thread discussing blaming hispanics for being violent) that our society (not ethnic groups) and how we indoctrinate people within our society is to blame for behavioral actions of its citizenship.

The problem lies in that the rest of the world follows america or whatever leader of that era. Right or wrong, which means they have no original ideas themselves to try out...

Utopian societies only exist in books like Watershed (sp?)Down or Animal Farm. Democracy on paper works but in reality you just spin your wheels the closer one gets to acheiving democracy. Just a shame we have to introduce "the human" into our utopian society design. It seems to me humans and their genetic composition might be the ultimate cause of societies and whatever design or structure is playing this week. Remember, i am a big fan of Thomas Hobbs. In the end, it really doesn't matter what system, structure or design is in place. The "human" system will be there to tear it down, manipulate it, turn it into greed and personal gain, etc

Or on the flip side, lets look at societies in anarchy or close to it. Africa! What can learn from those countries and those systems and societies.

But since we people are just puppets (read and react) of the media, we are lead around by our noses by the media and discuss whatever topics they are covering that day or evening. I wonder how this thread got started?

CB

Democracy doesn't work nor has it ever worked. The idea the founding fathers had for the USA was for it to be a Republic, which it rightly is.

Somewhere along the line the country seems to want to promote democracy and has forgotten what a Republic is all about. It is ironic the USA 'fought' a war called the Cold War to put a stop to a lot of the things the USA is accepting as the norm.

The USA faltered in the way it responded to 9/11/2001. Instead of securing the country so such a thing could never happen again, it became vengeful. Since then, it has also alienated a lot of people which means we might have to repeat the social revolution that went on in the USA during the 60's and 70's all over again.

Archived