can you really trust a thai girl?

theshaw66

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it possible to trust a Jew? A Muslim? A Black? A Caucasian?

Depending on who is asking the question, you would get many different answers. We like to group people together by race, religion, etc. but as mentioned before, it comes down to the individual.

As also mentioned previously, you and you alone determine who you decide to place your trust in. Unfortunately you canâ??t control what others do with that trust and thatâ??s why people end up hurt.

I think that it is wise to evaluate the character of the person you are dealing with and question whether it is a good idea or not to place your trust in her. Many things factor into whether or not to trust a person and to what degree.

Do you think it is wise to trust a prostitute in a loving relationship? Would you trust a drug addict holding your money? While there are prostitutes who find love and change their ways and drug addicts who are rehabbed and live successful lives, I am personally not willing to take those chances. The risk far outweighs the gain in my perspective.

There are people who have taken these risks, been rewarded and there lives are much richer as a result. They are the exception to the rule however.

Depends on the relationship.

If just friends, then there is a large chance that you can trst them.

Once you start banging them, it changes things and I would say that extreme caution is advised.

From my experience...YMMV

the ones i could trust the most were the friends. I had a few female friends who made sure I was not overcharged. Tell me the current girl of the week (or day) 'was no good, jai dam' or 'good girl, jai dee', shared food they bought and didn't ask for money.

Only one gf that i trusted. There may have been others that were trustworthy and perhaps it was my own issues that made me think they weren't.

trust ... comes down to the individual.

Not quite.

Yes, individuals vary, but the best predictive variable for trust is the social values within each racial/ethnic group: Zeitgeist.

To illustrate:

I grew up in an area with many Dutch people.

Trust and honesty are (were then) a very important social value for them.

There were individual exceptions, but, in general, Dutch people, as a group, were highly trustworthy.

If you shopped at a Dutch-owned store, you could count on getting good quality and full measure.

Often, a bit more.

On the other hand, there were some Jewish-, Italian-, and Lebanese-owned stores in the same neighborhood.

We learned to be watchful there:

Maybe you got your money's worth, maybe not.

Maybe the oranges on top of the bag looked good, but those further down were not so good.

I dated a Chinese girl.

She often told me how she and her mother where cheated by Chinese merchants.

Her mother had been buying from the same merchants for 30+ years, and still they were trying to cheat by giving less than she paid for.

It's in their culture.

Here in Thailand, I've been cheated a few times.

When I mention this to Thai friends, they shrug and say something like, "Well, yes, we get cheated, too."

By contrast, tonight I'm going to a party at a bar in Soi 33.

I've never been to that bar before, so I looked at their web site for the location.

I was quite surprised to see this list of their operating values:

* There will be no drinks on your bill that you did not order.

* Prices will be reasonable and will not go up after 9 PM.

* Our hostesses will not ask (or beg) you to buy them drinks...

Can you imagine that from any bar in Thailand?

Impossible!

But this is the business style of an entire ethnic group:

That bar is Dutch-owned.

So, "Can you really trust a Thai girl?"

The answer is, "No".

"No," because Thais don't even trust each other.

They get cheated by each other.

And they know -- even better than we -- the core values in their own culture.

(Do I really need to repeat, again, that there will be individual exceptions?)

Side note #1:

Some may come to the conclusion that I hate Thais and Thailand?

That would be mistaken.

I love living here.

But I am quickly learning the rules.

One of those rules is to not trust Thais.

(I don't trust farangs here, either, but that is an entirely different topic.)

Side note #2:

Some readers will be tempted to sling the word "racist" in my direction.

Please do.

I am eager to add to my "Ignore User" list on this forum.

Culture does play a part...but other environmental factors play a significant role as well, such as parental upbringing, the relationship between the inidividuals involved, the nature of the relationship, what the interaction is about, the various dynamics involved etc etc etc...

To state Dutch people are more trustworthy based upon a small sample is rather naive...i've been to Holland many times, i saw the usual mix of people found everywhere, nothing exceptional, nothing different.

Archived