Making it with a married Thai lady, Is it dangerous ?

Coloseum

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is there any danger of the husband going after you to save his honor. I mean, is it ingrained in the Thai culture like in the Arab cultue ?

Don't worry. Arab men are the only ones who ever get seriously jealous. They are so primitive about things like that. Most Thai husbands are easygoing guys. They love it when their wives screw around. They may even thank you for taking her off their hands. :)

A little background. The lady is 31 years old she is a lawyer and married to a Thai businessman. He owns a new SUV and she owns a new Toyota corolla, I think they are pretty well off by Thai standards. I met her while she was having lunch with 2 of her friends at the Landmark (I think the restaurant is called the Greenhouse or something like that). It was 2 days before I returned home. She gave me her email and we've chatted many times since. At the beginning when I told her that she is "Naa rak" (lovely) she objected and said that she is married and I should not use this term. Now its OK for me to use this term. She practically insists that we meet for lunch next time I come to the Kingdom (in about 7 weeks). She chats with me both from work and at night from home. She says her husband does not mind her having friends. He is away a lot on "business trips". My feeling is that he screws around quite a lot. We've never discussed anything "inappropriate". I just have a feeling that she wants to try something on the side.

Coloseum, If they are well off that equals he has a well paid job, which in turn equals the possibility that you could be a dead man walking if you venture into this...he will have contacts....be careful....there are huge double standards in how men and women behave in LOS. Men play around and there are limited repercussions, women do it and all hell breaks loose.

Also, she might be bored...how long have they been married? Kids? Known each other? A lot of Thai marriages drift into no sexual contact for years at a time...the men of course get it elsewhere...the ladies are expected to behave themselves. She has definately warmed to you...a lot....she might be looking at you as a way out....she might not...many married Thai ladies have tried it with me, i sometimes think they are worse than the younger ones! I just don't fuck someones wife....i'm unfortunately highly moralistic sometimes...can't help it...it's who i am.

Don't assume she gets it elsewhere..if they are middle class, then she might not...and this could be a big deal for her...be careful!!!!!!!!!

You're potentially playing with fire. If you sleep with a married Thai woman, the husband now has grounds for divorce and under Thai law he also has a prima face case to sue you.

This is one reason why when a husband suspects his wife is playing around, he may actually have her followed and when around the time she is engaged in the act, he will have the police pop knock on the door. Their testimony can be used as evidence to A) divorce his wife (at little cost as she cheated) and B) sue the guy who slept with her.

I have chatted with a Thai lawyer friend at length about scenarios like this and while suing is not *that* common in instances like this, it does happen!

Stick

Hi,

Agree with others, it's not worth the potential risk.

All of this also points out nicely how utterly unequal Thai society is when it comes to cheating.

If I understand correctly than a man can divorce his wife for cheating, but a woman can not divorce her husband over cheating.

Sanuk!

Archived